Fleetwood Question

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

mattmcada

Fleetwood Question

Post by mattmcada » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:55 pm

I recently purchased a 90's model fleetwood (well the bathtub,toilet, breaker box have 94 written on them). I bought it without a title, not knowing how much I would regret that. I need to find out what model it is. It has a serial# and data label outside but is missing the one inside, which is not surprising considering the entire home has been gutted. I have completely remodeled this home and have a lot of money invested in it. I am currently living in it and can't afford to move again just because of a title issue.
It has a sticker on the outside rear corner but I can't make out what it says I can only tell that is —L—T?E fleetwood (— being peices of the sticker missing)

Also if anyone on here knows of a decent website to check the vin for last known owners on the title, or any info really, I would very much appreciate it. The trailer has changed hands a few times without the title

Thanks in advance!

David Oxhandler

Re: Fleetwood Question

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Purchasing a manufactured home with out a title is like buying a car without a title. I'm cant understand why anyone would take make such a risky investment.

That said.... The HUD label is a red metal plate intended to be permanently attached on the exterior of a manufactured home, near the rear of each section. A two-section (double-wide) home will have two separate labels.

Label Location

If you have available either the HUD certification label number or the manufacturer and age of your home with the complete serial numbe A verification letter or copies of the original data plates can be issued by the Institute for Building Technology and Safety
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

rmurray

Re: Fleetwood Question

Post by rmurray » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Every state has different title procedures and record access systems.The easiest states believe titles are public records and have information easily available online. In other states the title office can inform you of the enquiry process. Most states allow the title to be retired, at which time the home becomes a permanent part of the real estate it sits on. Title continuity is important so that as you invest in the home you are not risking losing to a long ago lien holder who still has a right to the home or a long lost heir to an estate showing up and claiming his home.The statute of limitations on liens varies from state to state. Did you buy this home as part of a real estate transaction?