Cavilier industries (Bellcrest Homes)

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Donna Eidson

Cavilier industries (Bellcrest Homes)

Post by Donna Eidson » Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:59 pm

I am interested in knowing if anyone has purchased a home from this company in SC or Ga and how they like the product.Thanks

rmurray

Re: Cavilier industries (Bellcrest Homes)

Post by rmurray » Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:14 am

I have not bought one to live in...but I sell them regularly...
Bellcrest is owned by Cavalier Homes...The Bellcrest, Homestead and Brigadier...all available in your market...are basically the same home...The floor plans might be slightly different...but the product and features are exactly the same...Be sure to shop dealers in your area..Prices are VERY competitive...

They all have a very long list of standard features...The equipment is all standard..You will want to be SURE..you get the OSB or plywood floor option and the zone 3 insulation option....They have NO floorplan flexablility....They will make no changes...Decors are nice but choice is limited...One of the problems we have had is that all decors involve striped wall paper in the kitchen or bath...If you cannot stand stripes...they might not be for you...or...you will have to change the wall paper as soon as you get it..

Service is great....if you understand the warranty...Cavalier (like many manufacturers) does NOT warranty cosmetic items (long list of items listed in the warranty)...but they do run ONE courtsey service call to handle these items with in the first 60 days...If you buy one be very sure you understand this rule...They will not run the second service call on these items or will not run one after 60 days...

They had a large price increase 4/1...It was from $1600 to $2200 per home...You might be able to get a better deal on a stock unit while the supply lasts...

Good Luck