Crown Moulding

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

RandyF

Crown Moulding

Post by RandyF » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:23 am

I have a 2001 Horton Summit manufactured Home that I need 20 feet of crown moulding for.. It's a foam moulding about 2 or 21/8"" wide. Where can I find this at. No one in my area has any info on this item and Horton will not respond to emails.

David Oxhandler

Re: Crown Moulding

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:27 am

After ten years, finding the exact same trim may be difficult if not impossible. When I have run into this problem I have tried to harvest what I need from that house.

Find the smallest area or room in the home that has matching trim. When your really lucky you will find a walk in closet with enough trim to do the job. Take down the existing trim and replace the entire area with the best match you can find. Use the trim you have taken down to replace what ever is damaged or missing in the larger areas.

Another method is to create a feature wall. Take down the trim from one wall and make that wall special. Mirror treatments, different color paint or wall paper or a bay window wall. The trim can be different on that feature wall without being noticed. Use the original parts to make the repairs while you update or upgrade the look of your living room or dining room.

Learn lots of great repair and renovation methods... tricks and tips... specifically for manufacured homes. Download the REPAIR MANUAL now!
David Oxhandler
[email protected]