Manufacturer Home model name

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Florence

Manufacturer Home model name

Post by Florence » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:07 am

I have a 1987 manufactured home that was built by "Homes by Wellington" in Leesb urg, Fl. I was curious what the name or style home I have. The manufacturer's serial number and model unit designation is
FLHW-1087-00684-A&B-HS 742-FDL-6

Where I live (a gated 55+ community) have about 5 different styles of homes in the park. I believe mine is the only one that is different from the rest and I was just curious as to what it was called.

David Oxhandler

Re: Manufacturer Home model name

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:07 pm

It is not possible to tell you the model name from the serial number. Different models are built on the same line. Serial numbers are assigned in sequence as the homes is started.

I can tell you that I visited the Wellington factory while they were still operating back in the 80's. I have visited dozens of MH plants. At that time they were building the most substantial and highest quality homes I have ever seen rolling off any assembly line. It is the only plant I ever visited that brought in custom cabinets form an outside cabinet builder. The homes were absolutely gorgeous.

If you are in Leesburg you are familiar with the Villages. It is the largest most exclusive retirement community on earth. The Villages stretch over three counties, with over 100,000 residents, 20+ golf courses and site built homes starting in the $250,000 range. The Villages started as a manufactured housing community. When I arrived in the area in the early 80's they were installing Wellingtons to attract high income buyers.

You have one of the finest homes, site of factory, ever built in Florida.
Congratulations!
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

veinoness

Post by veinoness » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:33 pm

i will be buying a manufacture home at the end of next year and i have started doing research on different manufactures i live in louisiana and saw some homes that i really like and they were very well built per hud specifications and want i wanted in a home but i can not find any information on the brand of homes,they are call titanium homes, can you give me any infor. on them, thank you.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:39 pm

The only reference online to Titanium Homes online is

Bolton Mfd. Homes, Inc.
8119 Hwy. 28 West
Alexandria, Louisiana 71303

Toll Free: 800-677-9479
Local Ph: 318-487-1819
Email: [email protected]

Is that the dealership where you saw these homes?
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

trmimo

Post by trmimo » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:14 am

After looking at the Bolton website, these are clearly Kabco homes. Titanium is likely a private label for this dealer.

veinoness

Post by veinoness » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:54 am

thank you