kitchen cabinets

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
paintnut

kitchen cabinets

Post by paintnut » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:06 pm

I have a 14x80 fleetwood home. I would like to replace the kitchen cabinets, Is there any reasn why I can't install pre made cabinets from Home depot or Lowes? Would they be too heavy? It has a center island so there are only a few that would be attached to the walls. I don't believe that yhe island where the sink is would be a problem.Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

admin

Re: kitchen cabinets

Post by admin » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:03 am

You can purchase pre-made cabinets and install them as you would in any framed home. Anchoring the weight to the studs in the wall. I have done this several times when renovating manufactured homes we rent or re-sell. If the shelving is not in bad shape you might want to consider just replacing the doors and painting the rest of the existing cabinet system. We have done that several times with outstanding results.

You can find some of the parts you may need at the Mobile Home Parts Store Look at the links in the blue area on the left side of their pages under Cabinets & Hardware.

If your a Do-It-Yourself type looking for a good book that covers repair and upgrade techniques specific to manufactured homes, visit our book store and look at The Manual for Manufactured Home Repair & Upgrade The purchase price represents a small fraction of what you would have to spend on contracting out repairs.
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

theresaz

Post by theresaz » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:48 am

I have just purched a moble home in a park that I just love. Everything has been updated except the kitchen cabinets and counter tops. I would like to replace them and am not sure what to do. How do I find the wall studs to make sure they will hold the cabinets and will I be able to put in granit counter tops? The cabinets that are there are fiber boards and I would like to purchase real wood cabinets. My son will do the work for me and has purchased The Manual for Manufactured Home Repair & Upgrade.

chordcabinet

Post by chordcabinet » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:05 am

You can purchase pre-made cabinets and install them as you would in any framed home.Just replace the doors and painting the rest of the existing cabinet system.

Kitchen Cabinets offered by Cabinet Giant, bathroom vanities, wholesale and factory direct prices. Free shipping and free kitchen cabinet design help are available.
Thanks

Melvin Smith
Kitchen Cabinet

Kevin1

Post by Kevin1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:13 am

yes you right chord cabinet. Purchase pre-made cabniets and install

Theodore

Post by Theodore » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:21 am

My kitchen cabinets colour is light purple and they looks very awesome because the door colour is dark purple,.
Theodore