Selling my home what paperwork do i need.

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

rholder

Selling my home what paperwork do i need.

Post by rholder » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:30 am

We are about to try and sell our manufactured home. We want the home removed from the propery. I know we will have a loss. My question is what are the steps to take as far as paperwork and contracts go? Do we need to see a lawyer? It is on a perminate foundation and is a double wide. our plans thus far is to advertise on the internet and make flyers and talk to some local dealers, but so everything will be legal please explain how the process is done. We still owe on the home and are asking for our pay off amount. Also, if we do sell how do we transfer everything over to the buyer? Thank you, Hollie

David Oxhandler

Re: Selling my home what paperwork do i need.

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:47 am

Hollie -

Each state has different regulations regarding the transfer of title. Where are you?
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

rholder

Post by rholder » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:26 pm

We are in TN but we dont have a title. It is on a perminate foundation and cosidered property.

thanks,
hollie

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:38 pm

A general warranty deed is used to transfer an interest in real estate in Tennessee in most real estate transactions. A Tennessee warranty deed conveys real property with warranty covenants to the buyer.

Talk to a Title Company, real estate agent or real estate attorney to find out the rules and custom for the transfer of a manufactured home as real estate in your state.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]