what's it like to live in a mobile home park?

Add your name and comments about our web sites.
teacupsmommy

what's it like to live in a mobile home park?

Post by teacupsmommy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:10 am

I'm thinking it would be nice to live in a mobile home park and truthfully, all I want is my own space that I can have to myself and not be looked at askance because I have epilepsy. However, you know the discrimination of people who look at people who live in Mobile Home Parks. I wondered what it is like to live in one. My impression is it would be nice. My former roommate told me that the homes are beautiful and you wouldn't know it was a mobile home. My sister lived in one but she had problems with her neighbors. However, my sister is a little difficult. Can anyone tell me of their experiences? I'm thinking it would be a nice place to live.

jtart51

Re: what's it like to live in a mobile home park?

Post by jtart51 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:52 am

Just like anywhere else...people are people wherever you go. Some parks are nicer than others in regards of the park maintenance and rules enforcement. A mobile home requires maintenance to be kept in good condition, so you need to be prepared for that. Hope that helps.

teacupsmommy

Post by teacupsmommy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks for letting me know. My sister lived in one once. My brother wasn't particularly impressed. But to me, it seems like heaven. I just want to have my own space without someone living above or below me. Not that I throw parties but if something falls in the night, I want to not worry about being given a hard time for it. Right now, where I live, I have had squirrels come through the ceiling and the light fixture still isn't fixed. I've gotten yelled at for being epileptic, not working full time and not "being like Jesus". I figure anything must be better than that.

MobileMan

Post by MobileMan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:47 pm

I grew up in an area where there was a negative stigma about mobile homes and mobile home parks.

Then I actually bought a home in a mobile home park and it was fantastic. Great community and very friendly people.

It really will depend on the specific park. Just like any pocket of society there will be some parks that you would not want to live in.

Do a lot of research BEFORE you move in!

Good luck
I have been buying and selling mobile homes for a few years. Looking to learn more online. Nice to meet you!

Mobile Man (Cole)

teacupsmommy

Post by teacupsmommy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks for getting back to me. I still hope to live in one. I'm renting an apartment right now but would like my own space. Do you rent them at all to people?

MobileMan

Post by MobileMan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:37 am

We do. We offer rental homes and rent to own homes.

I am in Florida. I would just recommend searching the classified section on this site.

Good luck!
I have been buying and selling mobile homes for a few years. Looking to learn more online. Nice to meet you!

Mobile Man (Cole)