Putting a basement under a 1996 mobile home

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Laure

Putting a basement under a 1996 mobile home

Post by Laure » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Does any one know if it is possible to build a basement under a 1996 mobile home that is already set. I have 1996 (make) DUTL model # 96-5604L I do not know who the manufacturer is.
I have a man that has been building basements under set homes for years. He wanted me to find a blueprint for the trailer but I am having no luck in finding one.
I live in the country on 31/2 acres so there is nop problem with other homes around it. If anyone knows anything that would help me please let me know right away Thank You

Karen M

Re: Putting a basement under a 1996 mobile home

Post by Karen M » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:59 am

You can do it but having the blue print helps. Since you know the model number you should be able to find out the manufacturer. WEe put a basement under our 96 Fleetwood in 03 and it has been wondeful.

Caryl

Post by Caryl » Thu May 20, 2010 10:16 am

Your county/city records will have the manufacturer, make and serial number listed for the home.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu May 20, 2010 12:49 pm

You would think that the local building permit authority would have that information but no necessarily. It is only in the past several years that our local county departments started to maintain that kind of data. Records prior to that only indicate that there is a MH on the property and the exterior dimensions.

The best source for information is the national data base maintained by contract for HUD at The Institute for Building Technology and Safety
David Oxhandler
[email protected]