Colony eastland homes

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Dcmnts51

Colony eastland homes

Post by Dcmnts51 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:06 pm

Hello all!! I own 30 acres in upstate new york and i am looking to buy a manufactured home to put there. Now this will be a vacation home and not used all year.Probally used for 3 to 4 months a year. I have looked at many homes but really not sure whats good anymore.I am looking at a colony eastland series. Can anyone tell me anything about them. This is primarily used for a vacation home and hunting camp.Any help and any recomations would be great!

David Oxhandler

Re: Colony eastland homes

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:30 pm

We are in Florida so I'm not aware of that brand. But I looked at their web site and it says "Our Eastland homes provide excellent floor plans with a focus on affordability." The indicate that it is their economy line. Look at some of the higher end homes before you make any decisions.

John Grissim recently finished the first ever consumer ratings guide to each and every manufactured home builder in the country.. . The Grissim Ratings Guide to Manufactured Homes  provides at-a-glance listings with key information home shoppers need to make an informed decision.  All 79 U.S. builders are fully evaluated. More than three hundred  brands and series described.  Each manufactured housing builder's listing includes the following: Name, address, contact information and whether publicly or privately held Web site Company background/history States where sold Principal market niche/target customer Retail price range before tax (price includes transportation & set-up) The brands they compete against Construction rating on a 1-to-10 scale (with 10 being the highest quality) Brands/series produced Description of a popular model What distinguishes brand from its competition Number of dealerships (company owned and independents)

Percentage of HUD-code homes sold of total homes produced

Availability of in-house financing and in-house insurance

Warranty structure and length Web site rating, pros and cons, with comment Author’s comments...and more. Be an informed, empowered home buyer.  Get  The Grissim Ratings Guide to Manufactured Homes    If  you would like more details  CLICK HERE.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

trmimo

Post by trmimo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:45 am

Colony is a division of the Commodore Corporation. They build well regarded medium to higher priced homes. Make sure you check out your retailer thoroughly to be sure people who have bought from them are happy.

Gladey

Post by Gladey » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:12 am

I'm curious to see any replies here, too. We just looked at a small Colony Eastland with a great layout (huge utility room!).

Dcmnts51

Post by Dcmnts51 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:22 am

Yea the layout is great and the utility room is great. What area are your from?

Gladey

Post by Gladey » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:50 pm

We're in North Central WV.
Go Mountaineers!

vacationhome

Post by vacationhome » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:50 am

does it has prime location?