Uneven floor were the two sections are joined

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Christal

Re: Uneven floor were the two sections are joined

Post by Christal » Tue May 29, 2007 3:23 am

Thank you Your message makes sense and was exactly what I was thinking the soil is not a ferm foundation And the dampness means trouble
All my neighbors said there soil was dry and it shouldn't be damp

rmurray

Re: totally disagree

Post by rmurray » Tue May 29, 2007 9:15 am

If there was a proper vapor barrier under the home you would NOT see the soil...only the vis-queen used for the barrier...See your owners and set up manual for proper moisture control proceedures...Sounds like they used red clay to prepare the ground under home...This is OK but the leak dumped hundreds (maybe thousands) of gallons of water on the newly installed soil....I would suspect this could easily make the base soil to settle...

Sounds like it might be time for you to call the state agency in your state for a HUD compliance inspection....Their phone number should be in your owners manual..They will come and inspect the set up and be sure it meets the set up manual requirements....If not they will order the dealer and/or the set crew to make necessary correction....If it is a simple settle problem of a properly set home they will not be any help.

swaabby

Post by swaabby » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:42 am

the two floors are bolted together at setup,settling has no effect , this problem was done at set up , lagbolts need to be removed and the two floors realligned to flush ,then lagbolted back

MobileHomeInspectors.com

Post by MobileHomeInspectors.com » Tue May 12, 2009 3:32 pm

If there was water trapped in the vapor barrier it may have caused mold in the insulation, as well as swelling the sub floor, in addition to having excessive setteling to the soil below the home.
It is a given in mobile / manufactured home installations that water will get below the home from time to time. That's why it is necessary to make sure that the excessive water can exit and that additional venting or fans be placed so that air circulates better and dries out the foundation area as quickly as possible.
Greg Filian
MHI

1WityChik

Post by 1WityChik » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:31 pm

I understand your frustration. Did you ever find out the real problem. I own a dbl wide in AZ. When I moved in 10 years ago, nothing was wrong with the floors. Prior to remodeling I noticed the floors had defiantly risen along the "Marriage Line". I had 2 different companies come out and they both said my house was perfectly level. Neither company could tell me what the heck was wrong, and one of them charged me $450 for doing nothing. A supervisor from the other company suggested that I use a liquid floor leveling compound. I wish I had done that. New flooring went down, floors still unlevel, vinyl planks not waterproof in this type of situation.