Mobile Home Serial Number lookup?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

reereetx

Mobile Home Serial Number lookup?

Post by reereetx » Tue May 22, 2007 11:16 am

I have found a mobile home for sale and have the serial number to the mobile home, is there anyway to go online and find out more info about the home by its serial number? I have not seen the home in person yet but was just curious what I could find out first. Thanks!

rmurray

Re: Mobile Home Serial Number lookup?

Post by rmurray » Tue May 22, 2007 6:22 pm

You have not mentioned which state the home is in....Some states have great on-line resources which would include a listing of all lien holders and ownership history as well....But HUD has a service that can verify the manufacturers name and its date of manufacture...Find them here...

http://www.ibts.org/faq_consumer.htm

reereetx

Post by reereetx » Tue May 22, 2007 6:49 pm

Sorry...the state is Texas

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue May 22, 2007 9:42 pm

Boy are you lucky...Texas has the best info available online in the country...Ownerhip,instalation,inspection info can be found..so can lien holders..You will have to plunder around the site a while to find it all...Go for it..

http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh/

rystodd68

Post by rystodd68 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:06 am

what is the first two or three letters in the serial number? That will give you a clue on who might be the manufacturer. If there is none just call the main factories in your area that may have deliveried the home. generally it would be with in a 100 mile radius.

RJ

Post by RJ » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:46 am

Is serial number same as VIN? What if MH was transported from another state? Can we still obtain information? Is lien holder obligated to divulge past history of MH?

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

1)..seriel IS the VIN

Makes no difference where it came from

2) Most state have title information available..

3) The seller must disclose all information they know when asked.....If you do not ask...you probably will not get info..

chrisellis

Post by chrisellis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:09 pm

Is there a way to find a list of HUD serial numbers?

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:57 pm

The only national source of info for manufactured home built to the HUD code is IBITS mentioned above...

There is no simple available date base of all seriel numbers..That would be millions of listing...Ibits will give you specific info on specific homes...

Read about it here..

http://www.ibts.org/faq_consumer.htm

Tina

Post by Tina » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:23 am

I have a 1999 Solitaire Mobile Home. How might I acquire a blueprint? We need to determine where the load bearing walls are located. We want to install a pocket door. I have tried contacting Elliott Manufactured Homes in Waurika, Ok where the home was manufactured. The telephone number was disconnected.
Thank You.