Welcome to the MLS Help Desk

No Commission but lots of help. For Business Selling Manufactured Homes and For Sale By Owner's. Assistance in designing and posting on-line listings that sell homes.
David Oxhandler

Welcome to the MLS Help Desk

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:53 am

No Commission but lots of help. For Business Selling Manufactured Homes and For Sale By Owner's. Assistance in designing and posting on-line listings that sell homes. Selling a house on-line is not rocket science as a matter of fact its gotten quiet easy. List your homes for sale NOW! Go to the MH Multiple Listing Service and set up a user account. It takes less than five minuets..... and, if you have any questions, post them on this forum. We will try to answer any questions you may have about selling manufactured homes on-line. Contribute your experiences with the on-line MLS system or anything you can share about selling manufactured housing.

Roberta Brewer

Re: Welcome to the MLS Help Desk

Post by Roberta Brewer » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:43 pm

At the end of the page it states you can list for $29.95 until your home is sold.
I was wondering if that includes on-line at this time. I was also wondering if you could mail the application fee instead of doing it on line. I do not have a scanner
and that if I decided to list on the website, could you send photographs at the time
you could mail your listing. I also would like to know how long the average home stays on your website before it is purchased. I would also like to know if you could advertise that the home would have to be moved. Thank you for your time and cooperation in answering my questions. Thank you once again.

David Oxhandler

Listing Your Home Via US Mail

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:41 pm

Roberta -

The price to list is $29.95. That includes the homes that are on line now and any homes that are listed at any time. We will keep your home on line until you tell us that it is sold.

If you would like to mail in your listing we have a form on line that you can print and mail to us. You can get to the form by Clicking Here

You are welcome to mail your paper photos to us and we will scan them at absolutely no additional cost to you.

Please remember to make copies if you like those pictured because we can not return them. The good news is that once we put them on line you will be able to see them 24 hours a day, seven days a week on your MLS web page.

(You can copy the pictures from your listing, or any of the hundreds of pictures of homes in the MLS to your computer. This is done by right clicking on the picture and selecting "Save Picture As..." from the menu)

There is an open field on the form where listings are submitted for you to include just about anything you want to tell about the home. This would be the place to state that the home needs to be moved.

We would also like to know how long the average home stays on the MLS before it is sold. We just started the MLS about 45 days ago. We recently surveyed all the participating home sellers. The responses are just starting to come in and we are getting some surprisingly upbeat reports of homes being sold to contacts made thought the MLS. We will be publishing a full report in about 30 days. Watch the home page at WWW.MOBILEHOME.COM

Here is what an early responder, a Dealer from California wrote to me. "I can not believe the immediate jump in interest in the mobile home we have on the market. Literally, the very first day posted on your site, we began receiving inquiries. Thanks!"

Thanks For Visiting Us On-line

Florence Wile-Hodsdon

Re: Welcome to the MLS Help Desk

Post by Florence Wile-Hodsdon » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:30 pm

I am Listing 390. Tried to update the listing by lowering the price. No price shows up on the view.I want to change from $30,000 to $28,500.

David Oxhandler

Re: Editing the price on your listing

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:16 am

Florence -

When you enter a price you DO NOT include and comas, dollar signs, decimals or zeros to represent the cents. (NO --> $ , . .00)

EXAMPLE: If the price of you home is $18,350.00 you would enter it as 18350

The program understands that this field is the price and will automatically add the dollar sign comas decimals and .00 for the cents.

Thanks for listing your home on the MLS

David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Jane

Changing contact person

Post by Jane » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:15 am

Hello,

I need to change the contact person from Gerald Dominick to Jane Fillon. I am having trouble doing this. Please tell me how to get this done.

Thank you,
Jane

Peter

Re: Changing contact person

Post by Peter » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:44 pm

Changing the contact person is not with in the scope of the user. The Classified adminstration can make these changes upon request.

Jane in your case please consider it done.

Peter
mailto:[email protected]

Jane

Post by Jane » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:28 am

Hello Peter,

Your email said to consider the contact person changed. However, it is still Gerald Dominick. Help!!!

Peter

Post by Peter » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:34 am

Hello Jane,

Please give it a try now.

Thanks
Peter

Ken Runyan

Re: can't see my listings?

Post by Ken Runyan » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:44 am

I have 3 listings 1034,1038,1039 They are entered but when I go to a search for my area they are not there?