sliding glass door

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Kris

sliding glass door

Post by Kris » Sat May 21, 2005 8:38 am

Any ideas on sources for replacement sliding glass door for a 1976 Skyline manufactured home? Door size 74Wx79H.....

Thanks

Mark Bower

Re: sliding glass door

Post by Mark Bower » Tue May 24, 2005 11:15 pm

If you have the room, it would be easier to buy a standard size door and cut the opening to fit. Otherwise hoping a dealer can order from a factory is about the only choice I know of.

Mark
You gotta see my repair manual!

Galen

Post by Galen » Sat May 28, 2005 6:32 am

Call the manufacturer of your home direct - you will have better luck than if you go through a dealer. You can also call Philips or Kinro (manufacturers of doors/windows for MH), and they can tell you who to go to.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat May 28, 2005 11:22 am

Order
from our on-line parts store. Everything you need is here from doors, windows, screens, plumbing and
electric parts, bath and kitchen fixtures, roof and ceiling components, and more.... even set-up materials,
Click Here Now! to go to
the MH PARTS STORE &#160 webmaster

Bill

Post by Bill » Sun May 29, 2005 8:27 pm

I just installed a basic Pella 6' slider (just under $300 at Lowe's) which replaced a large window, but I had the room gutted and am residing the outside, so it was no big deal.

I have to take exception to what Mark said (good natured, of course, Mark!). I agree with it in part. Yes, it will be easier to BUY a standard replacement door, but I don't see how it could possibly be easier when it comes to installation, if resizing the rough opening is required (which it would be)

A local vinyl window company may be alble to offer a solution that would be minimally invasive with regards to tearing out the old one.

Sylvia

Post by Sylvia » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:48 am

If you replace it with one from Lowes, as we did with a Pella, it's going to be bigger and brighter. You have to make sure you have good enough headers and a tall enough clearance though to not only install it but keep the intregrity of your roofline intact.

hilary

Post by hilary » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:50 pm

what about repacing the sliders in a kitchen with french doors. does any one sell our sizes to fit?

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:39 pm

Order from the MH PARTS STORE &#160

Jim Sprague

Post by Jim Sprague » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:24 am

Broken glass in sliding glass door.How much would a replacement glass be? Kincro vinyl Sliding Glass Door #RM09464-1.The size 69.5 by 33. 58PSF

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:22 pm

The vinyl doors are usually tempered thermopane glass..These are very expensive to fix..We find it is usually less expensive to buy and install a whole new door assembly with the glass in it..