Solitaire Homes

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Matt

Solitaire Homes

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:58 am

I am trying to find any information about prices and construction of a few models of solitaire homes. DW-1266XL DW-L84 DW-Legend4 DW-PRT4. I have kinda gathered from reading here that Solitaires do not offer many options to upgrade, which that is fine, but are they a deccent built home? If anyone has any expeirence with any of these models, any input would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks

Sharon

Re: Solitaire Homes

Post by Sharon » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:08 pm

Matt -
My husband and I have been planning a move to our country property for 4 years! We have researched EVERY type of home - site built, modular, kit homes, panel construction and manufactured. We've seen every manufactured home in 4 states and we've narrowed our selection down to Palm Harbor or Solitaire. Solitaire makes a very nice, well built home. My husband and father both are very experienced carpenters and both were VERY impressed with the Solitaire home. In fact, next week, we are travelling to Tulsa to view the PRT4 model on their sales lot. We're very interested in that floor plan.
I like the tape and textured walls throughout the Solitaire homes and their rooms are nice and large, which is wonderful if you have chidren - they can have their own space and be comfortable. Solitaire does build their homes with 2 x 6 exterior walls, which is good - better than most site built homes these days. And they do offer a really excellent quality finish work, which is where a lot of builders (manufactured and site built alike) cut corners. When we walked through these homes, we could feel how solidly they were built. In terms of cost, Solitaire is a great value for the quality of construction. Since they don't offer a huge number of floor plans or options within their existing floor plans, they are able to control costs better and pass on the savings. If you have any doubts about the quality of Solitaire Homes, I personally think you can rest easy - they really are a solid, well built home.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:36 pm

Thanks for the info sharon. I would love to hear about your visit to Tulsa and what you thought of the PRT4 Model. Do you have any idea what the price range is for the PRT4 Model ? THanks

ROBERT

Post by ROBERT » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:09 pm

I purchased a new solitaire home in 1993 and i have enjoyed itever since .

mijurni

Post by mijurni » Sat May 17, 2008 1:05 pm

My husband and I have done some research on Solitaire homes and "Lancer" is the top of the line from Solitaire. They have such beatiful floorplans. We love them!!!

solitaire

Post by solitaire » Thu May 14, 2009 9:30 pm

I am a true believer in Solitaire homes. I currently own two. In 2001 I purchased an 18X76 single wide "18 Limited" (no longer in production). I now rent it to my mother. I purchased a 2005 DW3284 (32 X 84 also no longer in production). Contrary to the previous comment, they do offer upgrade options. They have a "Platinum Package" which allows you a choice of cabinets, upgraded carpet and a few more upgrades. The "Imperial Package" (which I opted for the second time) gets you Corian counter tops with seamless kitchen sink, ceramic tile back splash, Moen faucets, porcelain sinks in the bathrooms, raised panel doors, nicer door hardware, 2X6 exterior walls on 12 inch center, solid wood cabinetry, larger water heater, 8" roof overhang, better insulation, higher quality shingles, and more. Solitaire currently has fewer floor plans to choose from now than they did in both 2001 and 2005 when I was shopping. When the economy turns around...maybe they'll bring back some of their bigger floor plans.

Dori

Post by Dori » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:29 pm

Arson Posted by: Dori (IP Logged)
Date: November 25, 2009 09:40AM
While my husband and I were away on vacation, the sofa and loveseat in the living room of my 1995 model Solitaire home was set on fire to cover up a theft of the property. It got so hot inside, the glass globes of the celing light in front of the fireplace melted. The flooring under the sofa burned half way through one of the 6 or 8 inch floor joists! The top corner of our refrigerator melted! But, when I arrived home, from the outside, I had no idea there'd been a fire, until I opened the door! Having lived in mobile homes as a child, I was always told that a fire can gut a mobile home in 15 minutes, so I am simply amazed that my Solitaire home is still standing, and at this time, has not been totaled by our insurance company! We have been instructed by our insurance adjuster to contact a contractor to gut the living room, dining room, kitchen, utility room and hall down to the studs, and rebuild! Solitaire, I thank you for making such a wonderful product!

Because our home wasn't totaled by the insurance company, we plan to stay here and remodel it to better suite our tastes. That means making a lot of changes, as money will allow. However, the basic frame of our Solitaire home determines so much, and because it IS so well built, we plan to make major changes. Needless to say, in my humble opinion, if you are planning to purchase a manufactured home, Solitaire is the WISE way to go!

Sincerely,
Dori

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:40 am

Thanks for a great story.. I know you were devastated about your losses but the your positive attitude is refreshing..

mckat

Post by mckat » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 am

I own a double-wide solitaire now and love it. They do offer upgrades. I have upgraded carpet and it is so plush and I got what is called a wrap, which is an extra covering of plywood under the exterior siding. It has added insulation. One reason Solitaire doesn't have a lot of upgrades is because many things in their home are standard. A lot of things come standard in a Solitaire that are upgrades in a Palm harbor home. Solitaire offers much more for less than Palm harbor. I just went shopping yesterday at both dealers looking for a home for my son and the Palm harbors have the seams and vinyl wall covering, which looks cheaper. We were looking at single wides. You have to pay much more money to get tape and texture on a Palm harbor and it comes standard on a Solitaire. Solitaire also has 2 X 6 studs. It is just such a well built home and you get inside of one and it doesn't even look like a mobile home. The appliances are better grade and a side by side frig comes standard on the solitaire, where it doesn't on a Palm harbor. I shopped about 10 years ago for a manufactured home and again, the Palm harbor just doesn't compare to the solitaire for what you get for your money. I don't think you can go wrong buying a solitaire home.

HONDA ACCORD MAN

Post by HONDA ACCORD MAN » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Solitaire homes are simply the best. They last forever if you do basic upkeep. i have a 1992 aolitaire and did an entire remodel. almost new everything on the inside. plank vinl lifetime flooring throughout the house, except for the bedrooms i got carpet. new smart siding on the outside of the house and a new roof.This house will stand just as long as a concrete constructed house will.