replacing water damaged bathroom floor

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
mary

replacing water damaged bathroom floor

Post by mary » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:07 am

I have a 1994 Horton manufactured home I NEED to replace the bathroom floor due to EXTENSIVE water damage How much$? how to start? HELP

David Oxhandler

Re: replacing water damaged bathroom floor

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:38 am

Check out the Floor Repair Info Kit from Aberdeen Repair
This kit includes a 25 minute VHS video about repairing the floor underneath your toilet, and a booklet on floor repair.This is not a high-dollar video with actors that wear makeup and every word smoothly rehearsed,However, you will find THE Floor Repair Info Kit to be a good-quality video that features a real contractor clearly showing you how to do the job, then these videos are for you

Sylvia

Post by Sylvia » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:09 am

You replace the floor just like any other floor. Pull up the vinyl, pull up the underlayment, replace the underlayment and replace the vinyl.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:42 am

You don't have accurate links to the Floor Repair Kit......

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:15 am

YIPES !!

You are right... here is the correct link
CLICK HERE

Kevin Kieneker

Post by Kevin Kieneker » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:14 pm

The floor in my mobile was put in before they put up the walls, so the floor board extends into the other rooms. I'm not sure how to proceed do I cut the floor out and make my own framing to support the new floor? please help

nuts&bolts

Post by nuts&bolts » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:56 pm

I need to replace my plywood in my manufactured home, but the flooring was installed before the walls were built in which case the floor extends to the other rooms. What are my options?

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:07 pm

I hope you read the 2 posts above by David.....Also you can search these forums for other posts on this common question...

MobileHomeKing

Post by MobileHomeKing » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Kevin Kieneker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The floor in my mobile was put in before they put
> up the walls, so the floor board extends into the
> other rooms. I'm not sure how to proceed do I cut
> the floor out and make my own framing to support
> the new floor? please help

Hi Kevin,
Does the damage go under the wall? How does the floor look in the other room? If the damage is isolated to one room you can cut out the rotten section of sub-floor. Make sure that you do not cut your joists. Also, make sure you cut your subfloor to the center of a floor joist. That way your patch will have something to rest on. If you need me to clarify this e-mail me at [email protected]. And if you need any mobile home parts check out my website: www.themobilehomepartsplace.com we have mobile home toilets, mobile home flooring, ect... Hope this is of some help, if not just let me know.
Good Luck!
Lee Clayton
www.themobilehomepartsplace.com