Florida Insurance For Older Homes

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Ted Smith

Florida Insurance For Older Homes

Post by Ted Smith » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:36 am

We are having trouble finding insurance coverage for our 1978 24x40 Manufactured Home. We have made several on line inquiries, including the form on your site, but have not received any replies. We have also made several calls to local agents. Our home is newly remodeled and in nice condition. It is located in a adult park where we don't own the land. We have never had a claim, but our current carrier is not renewing our policy which expires in November. We are located in Central Florida, Near Leesburg. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

David Oxhandler

Re: Florida Insurance For Older Homes

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:32 pm

Hello -

I am sorry that you are having a problem finding a more reasonable quote. I share your frustration. I personally experienced this problem as the insurance company that covered the homes in our MHCommunity was one of the first to abandoned the state. I was finding it impossible to get any coverage and found that very frightening.

I have also learned that what we were paying before has very little to do with the current market. The unusual storm season last year has changed a lot of things here in Florida. And these days the cost of everything is jumping up to new highs.

Contact
Steven Jones Insurance
(800) 853-7095

Citizens is a State of Florida mandated pool that was set up to cover MH owners that could not find any other coverage. As you have discovered, other than Citizens, there are not many, if any, other options available to us, or to the agents we depend on to hook us up with the best deals.

We saw this same problem after Andrew. Then, after a few years of no serious hurricanes the insurance companies returned and prices stabilized. Lets hope and pray this is the first in a long string of years that we avoid destructive storms.

I raised my deductible to soften the new pricing impact a little. My new premium, at an additional $200 per year really only amounts to only three dollars and change per week. While I would rather not give this extra money to insurance this seems to be a very reasonable alternative for me to the nightmare of not having insurance.

Thanks for visiting us on line. Watch WWW.MOBILEHOME.COM and we will keep you up to date on this state wide crisis.

David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]
THE MANUFACTURED HOUSING GLOBAL NETWORK
www.MobileHome.com
www.ManufacturedHomeCredit.com
www.MobileHomeInsuranceQuote.com
www.ManufacturedHomeWarranty.com
www.Manufactured-Housing.net
www.MobileHomeOwners.org
www.MFDhousing.com
...and many more !
Web Site Development by:
Express Network Solutions
PO Box 61, Candler, FL 32111
Toll Free 888 304 2333

Desiree Vinocur of Rainbow Ins

Post by Desiree Vinocur of Rainbow Ins » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:34 am

I am a licensed agent in South Florida and I am writing insurance for Homes(mobile homes, manufactured, condos and duplexes)

Please email me or call me at (954) 977-0047

Rainbow Insurance
1344 N. State Road 7
Margate, Fl 33063

Perrin Johnson

Post by Perrin Johnson » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:51 am

We have a 1965 mobilhome and need Ins.
Do you have an office in St. Petersburg , Fl.
Thank you Perrin

Sheila Pokraka

Post by Sheila Pokraka » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:55 pm

Please contact me concening obtaining MH ins. I am very interesting in changing from Citizen's is that really possiable? I live in Boynton Beach, Fl and own my own land.

Sheila

cindy

Post by cindy » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:29 pm

I AM FINDING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND MOBILE HOME INSURANCE. MY CURRENT COMPANY IS PULLING OUT OF FL. I AM COVERED UNTIL FEB. 19.I HAVE A 1968 WHICH WAS JUST TOTALLY REDONE DOWN TO THE PLUMBING. PUT OVER $20,000 REDOING IT. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY COMPANYS TAKING THE OLDER HOMES OTHER THAN CITIZENS? THANKS FOR ANY IMFORMATION. CINDY

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:42 am

We have a new partner in Florida who is writing insurance. You can contact them by filling out the free quote request at www.MobileHomeInsuranceQuote.com The only source at the moment is Citizens - the state pool - You need to expect that the cost will be higher than before... . While the insurance bill is a shock if you think about it alot more than insurance has changed. When I paid for insurance last we were paying considerably less for gas, electic, food... these days the cost of everything is jumping up to new highs.

FOSTER TAYLOR

Post by FOSTER TAYLOR » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:53 pm

I HAVE CITIZENS WOULD LIKE A QUOTE THE QUOTE FROM CITIZENS IS 959.00 CANT HANDLE THIS 1974 MOBLIE

kathy keely

Post by kathy keely » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:53 am

I have a 1971 mobile home in Punta Gorda, Fl. and my insurance was canceled due to it being over 25 years old. It was completly renovated on the inside about 5 years ago and looks brand new. The outside looks very nice too, and with a little siding, it would look like a brand new trailer, but I don't want to spend the money since it still looks good. It stood up to hurricane Charley's 140 mpr winds and only half my carport got damaged, but nothing on the mobile home itself was damaged. I got a quote from Citizen's Insurance for aproximately $100.00 a month for only $30,000, which is what I paid for my home 2 years ago. I was paying $414.00 a year for my insurance before it was canceled. I don't think they should punish everybody because of a lot of high claims for completly destroyed homes. I think the homes who never put in high claims should be rewarded and get reduced rates of insurance. Any information you can give me will be appreciated. Thanks