mobilhome ins

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
shirley

mobilhome ins

Post by shirley » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:08 pm

I recently acquired insurance for a 1999 mobile home and paid the premium that was due, however when the agent came out to look and we did not have steps one the front of the mobile home which by the way we never use for anything at all and the door is very seldom open just for air the co refused to cover the property. Is this legal and how can I acquire insurand for this mobile home

rmurray

Re: mobilhome ins

Post by rmurray » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:13 pm

That is a liability issue....put steps there and talk to another agent....

Shirley J Antinora

Post by Shirley J Antinora » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:43 am

Do you Know of any Insurance company that is Writing coverage for mobile home in New Port Richey Florida

Randall B Vaughn

Post by Randall B Vaughn » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:20 pm

Mr Murray, as an insurance professional I'm sure you are always looking for was to reduce your company's risk. My question to you and other insurance industry representatives is; Why don't you require the Mobile Home Manufacturers to take steps in reducing catastrophic water damage due to leaking water heaters. I have had numerous leakes due to water heater failure in homes that are only Five years old . As community owners and operators we buy and resell homes and we have had numerous instances of failure which cause major damage to the floors ,insulation and furniture. A catch pan if installed before the leak can prevent almost all of the damage by confining the water to a container and draining it safely to the ground. RBV

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:06 am

The brand I sell has a water heater pan in most of the construction series.....If consumers would insist on these all builders would have them...All modular's in most states have them by government decree...But I have never had a buyer ask for one..

rose

Post by rose » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:48 pm

Yes..Citizens...it's insurance through the state of Florida. They charge almost tripple!

Bob Gillespie

Post by Bob Gillespie » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:57 am

I have been insured for many years with Omega Ins. (part of The Tower Hill Group) I was recently informed that they will not renew policies in Florida. Where can I get Insurance.?
My agent ( AAA ) informed me that only Citizens will insure older mobil homes and computed my maximum coverage at $19,680.00 Yhe house would currently sell for at least $50,000 What are my alternatives?