INSURANCE

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
JAMES THOMPSON

INSURANCE

Post by JAMES THOMPSON » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:59 am

What type of insurance should I buy for a 2000 fleetwood that I am buying

Pendragon

Re: INSURANCE

Post by Pendragon » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:24 pm

The only kind you can buy for manufactured housing, manufactured housing insurance. Should cover all the usual perils, fire, wind, etc for at least the loan amount, more if you can get it, keeping in mind that contents and 'other structures' coverage is almost always a percentage of primary structure coverage.

Flood insurance should be considered if you live in a flood prone area (and may be required by your lender).

Sylvia

Post by Sylvia » Sat May 14, 2005 7:42 am

We have regular homeowners insurance on ours. It's on our land and in Iowa if it's on land it's considered to be a regular home for purchase reasons, but considered to be a manufactured home for property tax reasons.

If it's in a MH park, then yes, you will always have to have a manufactured home policy.

syd gelbwaks

Post by syd gelbwaks » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:40 am

We live in a sky-line on the northern florida coast and pay an enormus amount of insurance for our home. It is built on a full concrete pad, the packed dirt was built up 8 foot above the road before the concrete was poured. However, we are only 1500 feet from the ocean and have a salt water canal in our yard. Though we did not have any major damage during the storms last summer, the insurance company tried to cancel us out. They claimed that we didnt have enough tie-downs. Upon their inspection, they found twice as many as required.
In the end we are trying to sell and move to a piece of land that we own 45 miles inland from the Gulf coast. We hope to put a Patriot on that land (5.5 acres) and wondered if anyone knew the insurance rules for Mississippi. Thank you for your help

syd gelbwaks

Post by syd gelbwaks » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:40 am

We live in a sky-line on the northern florida coast and pay an enormus amount of insurance for our home. It is built on a full concrete pad, the packed dirt was built up 8 foot above the road before the concrete was poured. However, we are only 1500 feet from the ocean and have a salt water canal in our yard. Though we did not have any major damage during the storms last summer, the insurance company tried to cancel us out. They claimed that we didnt have enough tie-downs. Upon their inspection, they found twice as many as required.
In the end we are trying to sell and move to a piece of land that we own 45 miles inland from the Gulf coast. We hope to put a Patriot on that land (5.5 acres) and wondered if anyone knew the insurance rules for Mississippi. Thank you for your help

Raven

Post by Raven » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:57 am

I should go to settlement in about 4 weeks.. the appraisal is being done this week. I am trying to get homeowners insurance and Allstate, State Farms and a lot of brokers are telling me that its impossible to get replacement cost on a 12 yrs old MH on a permanent foundation on its own land. The home is a Norris doublewide. 1960 sq ft. 3 bedroom 2.5 bath. The home is in excellent condition. The brokers have also given me quote without seeing the home. I live in Delaware and the Free Insurance Website is not responding to me... Can anyone advise