Tie downs

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Lil

Tie downs

Post by Lil » Mon Apr 30, 2001 9:39 am

Do mobile homes have to be tied down in cement to get insurance? How are they normally tied down?

Kenneth J. Quist

RE: Tie downs

Post by Kenneth J. Quist » Thu May 24, 2001 6:54 pm

I'm sorry i am so late in getting back with you. I blew it. Your home does not have to be tied down in cement for us to insure it. Some company may have that specific requirement. There are various ways to tie down and one of the other discussion forums on mobilehome.com would be able to help yuou far more.

Monna

Post by Monna » Thu May 12, 2005 10:25 am

I work for an insurance agency. One of our companies questionaire regarding anchors used for tie down refer to Dead Men or Screwauger. Can you help by explaining the difference. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Monna

Wooster Buckingham

Post by Wooster Buckingham » Mon May 23, 2005 4:39 pm

Could you recommend a reliable company in the Lakeland, FL area to inspect my Tie Downs and upgrade them, as necessary, at a reasonable price? The Tie Downs on my home have not been inspected nor checked since they were installed back in 1987. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.