mobile home falling apart

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
valinda c. rodriguez

mobile home falling apart

Post by valinda c. rodriguez » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:53 am

I bought a Patriot Mobile Home in November of 1994. It was a 1994 modle. After the warranties had expired I noticed the triming coming loose, the doors not shutting correctly, the upper kitchen shelves bowing in the middle, the lower shelves slanting down and there seems to be a water leak in the master bathroom which buts up against the kitchen. There is no access to the bathroom plumbing from the kitchen side where the shower/tub is located. I started noticing water leaking under the wall the separates the kitched from the bathroom.Then I noticed black mold coming through the lower part of that wall. Now I have a hole in the tub in the master bathroom. My son was taking a shower and as he stepped back in the tub, the tub gave way and now I have a hole in my tub. The insurance company says all this is not covered because it is considered ware & tear. Is there anything I can do about all this because I do not have the finances to fix everything.The dealer I purchased from is no longer in business and I feel like I am out on a limb all by my self. I am 61 years old and really don't need this kind of thing happening. My golden years have just had mud splattered on them. Any advise would be much apperciated.