MH Sales License

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Tracy Hart

MH Sales License

Post by Tracy Hart » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:02 am

I was wondering how I go about selling Mobile Homes. I am in Florida, and my boss is a MH Dealer. I am looking to take some stress off of him by selling his Mobile Homes for him. He is a dealer and a set-up guy, so he is very busy. Anyway, I was wondering if there was a license required to sell Mobile Homes and if there are any classes I could take that would help me to learn the in's and out's of the sales. I am also interested in learning how to figure out the financing b/c we are also a finance company. We do it all here and I just want to help. If you have any answers, please let me know.

Tracy

rmurray

Re: MH Sales License

Post by rmurray » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:38 am

Your dealer should know if there are any special requirements..Every state has different rules..but from what I can see there is no requirement for a special license for a salesperson at a licensed dealer location..

You can call the following and ask..

Bureau of Mobile Homes & RV
Division of Motor Vehicles
Neil Kirkman Building
2900 Apalachee Pkwy., Room A-129
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0640
(904) 488-8600
FAX: (904) 488-7053

A mortgage brokers license might be a different matter..You can check here for more info..

http://www.dbf.state.fl.us/licensing/MBlist.html