Moduline Homes

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
larry illman

Moduline Homes

Post by larry illman » Fri May 30, 2003 2:32 pm

Has anyone had any experience with Moduline homes. Especially the ones built in Pentieton, Canada. I am interested in purchasing a triple wide but sure would appreciate some feed back.

Gerry

Re: Moduline Homes

Post by Gerry » Thu May 20, 2004 7:22 am

I have the exact same question as Larry! Is there anyone here from B.C.?

Stephanie

Post by Stephanie » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:58 pm

i am looking at purchasing a 16X80 Moduline Model #16456 Serial#16-2377 year 2000. I am wondering if anyone knows how much this model would cost brand new and what are they selling for today. As well if anyone knows if there are any problems to watch for when purchasing and living in this home.

J. Zwicker

Post by J. Zwicker » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:27 pm

Good Day,
I purchased my Moduline Home in June 2004.I am very happy with the house. Good quality and easy to heat in winter and keep cool during the Vernon summer months.Purchase the extra features eg..Bay window in the dinning room, Hardwood floors, Built-in Wine Rack .Ensure that your model has the Vaulted ceilings.
I purchased the 2-Bedroom and Den model.Provided you are an empty nester,this model has lots of room.
The only changes I would suggest ... 1-Request an upgrade to a larger furnace.This will allow you to install a DC motor.( Less noise)
2-Request an insulated outside door for the Hallway entrance to the Furnace/Laundry room. (once again cuts down on the noise from the furnace and washer/dryer.
3-Remove the grate at the hallway door to the furnace room and install a furnace filter in the opening.Reinstall the grate.(Helps to cut down on the noise.)
The noise is not really that bad from the furnace/washer/dryer but I like quite.

Enjoy

Jackie meyer

Post by Jackie meyer » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:50 am

I owned a Moduline home in Logan Utah. Owned it for 4 1/2 years. In Utah there is a larger "roof load" needed because of the heavy snows they get there. We were able to get everythhing we needed and wanted in and on our home, and because is was a Moduline, we NEVER had any major problems with it. It was very well insulated and very well layed out. Ours was a large 4 bedroom home w/ a living room, family room, 2 baths, a large kitchen, a large dinning room, and a laundary room. It was a very nice home, and I wish I had it now. I now live in Maryland, but my "stick built" home is no where close to being as well insulated as my Moduline. Anyway, out of all the Modular homes that my husband and I looked at, Moduline was by far our favorite. This is why we went with it. We only ever had minor cosmetic problems with our home which Moduline gladly came and took care of for us. I am in the middle of looking for Modular homes for my Aunt in TN, and this is how I came across this site. I am currently getting as much info. on Moduline I can to send to her because I feel they are one of the best made Modular homes built.

Enjoy your home when you get it.

Edward

Post by Edward » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:42 pm

I purchased a Moduline home, 66x14 in BC . The problem i have with it is that , when constucted KD wood was not used in a good part of the building. I now have warped 2x6's running Approx. 20 feet fron Livingroom window to the end of the trailer. This has shown up on the ceiling, one side has dropped an inch and is quite noticeable. Thoe outside has a bow in the siding, running from the end of the trailer to the window at the livingroom. This has caused the doors inside to bind, and the walls to show noticible arching. The home was purchased last July,2007. The fault was reported Febuary 2008.is now March and have not heard from the company as to what is to be done.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:24 pm

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THE WOOD WAS NOT KD?

Moduline has a strong reputation for good quality construction. Anything is possable and I can't see what's happening from here but the symptoms sound a lot like a manufactured home that has either been installed incorrectly or has experienced serious settlement.

Most homes continue to settle for many years, but the majority of settlement usually happens in the first year. In our area most manufactured homes need to be re-leveled during the first year. After that most dont see enough settlement to make any difference. Homes moving out of level are not uncommon and can be an expected problem in the many northern places where you get ground heaves from the earth freezing and defrosting yearly. (depending on soil type and compaction and foundation conditions)

You can read these free articles:

Is your manufactured home unlevel?

How Level Is Level?

If you think settlement might be contributing to your problems find a licensed installer and ask him to check the home to see if it is level. If your into doing-it-yourself it is not difficult to check a homes level. It is done using a very simple tool called a Water Level.See Using a Water Level
David Oxhandler
[email protected]