paying cash on MH

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
James

paying cash on MH

Post by James » Mon May 08, 2006 6:46 am

Just wondering if anyone had any idea how much of a deal (if any) I could expect if paying cash for a new doublewide?

rmurray

Re: paying cash on MH

Post by rmurray » Mon May 08, 2006 9:49 pm

Remember James..literally all deals are cash to the dealer...those that finance do a bunch of paperwork and the bank gives the dealer all the cash..With no risk to him..Of course you like all cash buyers will save the tens of thousands most of the rest of us have to pay in interest...

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:21 pm

Just to let you know the dealers get cashed out on all homes. So it really doesn't mean what you think. I personally would only give a portion of the funds initially, and the balance at time of delivery. If The home is a factory order, the home must be paid for as it comes off line and is ready for pick up, that is when the dealer must pay for it.
Marlene

JDeborahCoss

Post by JDeborahCoss » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:03 pm

Paying cash? I hope you put 5% down on opening escrow, and have all your inspections done, and then make the balance due at the closing of escrow, especially if any of the downpayment is non-refundable. Ask for comps of sales in the area also, to make sure you are getting a good deal. Last cash deal I knew of got a discount of $15,000 on a price of $235,000.
Good luck.

mommanelda

Post by mommanelda » Fri May 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Thanks, because I was just about to ask the same question here, we are looking at buying 2 Single Wides with Cash in Spring of 2008 and was wondering what sort of discounts we could expect. Would the dealers take a down payment with the rest at closing though? I am sure glad I found this little tip because I would have paid in full up front! Thanks for Boards like this one! :)