termites in Florida

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Judy

termites in Florida

Post by Judy » Mon May 16, 2005 3:15 pm

I was, or thought I was ready to purchase a MH and place it on some land I own in Florida. On a recent trip there to make some decisions, I was told by several people, that it was a very bad idea to get a wood frame or MH home in southern Florida due to the extreme problem with sub-terrainian termites. Does anyone have any specific knowledge concerning this? How are there so many MH Retirement Parks in Florida then? Is there someway to treat the MH or ground to protect against termites? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Pendragon

Re: termites in Florida

Post by Pendragon » Mon May 16, 2005 3:58 pm

Virtually all homes are wood framed, even most brick homes are actually a brick veneer around a wood frame.

Regular termite treatments are a must, most people just sign up for a yearly contract.

Kevin C

Post by Kevin C » Tue May 17, 2005 1:31 pm

You can check with a pest control service and they can treat the area where the home is going to be set. Any good pest control service can do it, but I do not recommend Terminex. I had a very unpleasant experience with them.

John A. Montgomery

Post by John A. Montgomery » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:49 am

What do thry look like?

The reason that I asked is that two weeks ago I had our haouse treated for sub-terrainian termites. Several dys ago our house has been the home of hundreds of little black bug flying and crawling around the inside of our house.

Elephanto

Post by Elephanto » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:41 am

charlie23 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:23 am
grege123 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:05 am Hello,

I want to share my views about termites. Termites have damaged my home windows and I don't realize about but when i see it I immediately have done a termite treatment.
Hello grege,

Could you please tell me what type of termite treatment methods you have used to control termites at your home???
I suppose he won't answer you back, but I can put my two cents here. I suggest you check the article on pestcontrolhacks about those pesky critters. The first thing you need to know is to look for the signs of termites infestation, otherwise, you may confuse it with carpenter ants, for example, or other types of bugs. Then you should decide would you rather call a pest control service or deal with it by yourself.