2 story double wides

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Tammy

2 story double wides

Post by Tammy » Mon May 07, 2001 10:25 am

A couple years ago we passed by a dealership who had a 2 story doublewide set up. Have any of you seen these? The upstairs was left unfinished so that you could divide it as you saw fit. I cannot find anything about them here in Ky. Who is the manufacturer? Can anyone help? Thanks, Tammy

Jon

RE: 2 story double wides

Post by Jon » Thu May 17, 2001 5:45 pm

Tammy:
I do recall seeing two-story manufactured homes in an industry magazine article several years ago. I can't recall the name of the manufacturer. In fact, I don't recall seeing or hearing anymore about them. I'll do a little research on this.
Jon

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri May 18, 2001 4:03 pm

Tammy:
Seems that Fleetwood Homes introduced a new two-story model last month in California. They should be available on a more nationwide basis within a few months. The model features four bedrooms and two and one-half baths within 1,800 square feet. The price is expected to vary according to locale but estimates peg the retail price somewhere around $79,000.
Hope this helps.

Tammy

Post by Tammy » Fri May 18, 2001 4:36 pm

Oh, thank you so much!! It is very much appreciated. I had been able to come up with a manufacturer called the Comodors but cannot seem to find anything on them. They had a couple of 2 story's set up in TN a year ago but I cannot locate them anywhere now. If you find anything on them please let me know and again, Thank you for the helpful information. Tammy

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat May 19, 2001 9:13 am

Tammy:
I am aware of three manufacturing plants that operate under the Commodore name. Two of them are located in Indiana (The Commodore Corporation)---219-533-7100 in Goshen, IN and 219-457-3154 in Syracuse, IN. I know this company has been around for awhile and it is likely to be the company whose model you saw in TN.
However, there is also Commodore Homes of VA. I have not heard of any affiliation between these companies. In any case, this second firm can be reached at 804-793-8811.
I hope you find what you need.

Sue

Post by Sue » Mon May 28, 2001 8:06 pm

I looked at a two story double wide at Home-Mart in Tulsa Saturday, but didn't pay any attention to the manufacturer. Home-Mart has a web page at http://www.homemart-ok.com/. You might be able to find out who makes it by emailing them.

Tammy

Post by Tammy » Wed May 30, 2001 5:12 pm

Sue, thank you so very much. I have contacted them and am waiting for the information. Thank you for your time. It is much appreciated. Best of luck, Tammy

Lara

Post by Lara » Thu Jun 14, 2001 4:50 pm

Horton Homes is the manufacturer of a cape cod style home. Go to the web site for Horton Homes, Inc or you may try
Dynasty Homes, Inc. I went in one here locally in Georgia. They are very nice but expensive. These are modular homes.