Whats best for Skirting?

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Christy

Whats best for Skirting?

Post by Christy » Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:53 pm

We are debating on what to do for skirting. We know for sure we DO NOT want to use vinyl. We saw some that looked like cynder blocks, but it came in sheets? Any ideas are appreciated. We live in Colorado. Thanks so much. Christy

Christy

Re: Whats best for Skirting?

Post by Christy » Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:15 pm

Does Lowes or Home Depot sell anything for skirting? Like the hardie board?

Mrs X

Re: Whats best for Skirting?

Post by Mrs X » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:49 am

There's a pop-up ad somewhere on this website for a company that sells what you're referring to. Can't remember the name. There is also something called "Insulcrete" that fits the description, but I heard about that from a M-H dealer here in Georgia. supposedly, Insulcrete is much easier to install than cinder blocks and performs better. I think the cost is about the same.

Mrs X

Re: Hey, I just saw that ad

Post by Mrs X » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:02 am

The name of that pop-ad product I mentioned is 'System-1". The company is Hoffman Pre-cast. I saw the ad just a second ago after I wrote the above post.

Good luck!

Christy

Re: Hey, I just saw that ad

Post by Christy » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:56 am

Thank you so much Mrs X!! We definently need something easy. I am worn out from all the other work we have been doing on the foundation. We have done most of it ourselves, it is a REAL job!!! Hopefully I can find what your talking about now so I can click on it..hehehe. Thanks, Christy

Mrs X

Re: Here's the phone #

Post by Mrs X » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:50 pm

If you can't find the website, here's the phone number of Hoffman:

515-296-0334

I had something on Insulcrete lying around the house here and now I can't find it, but will keep my eyes pealed.