Kabco Builders

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Alicia

Kabco Builders

Post by Alicia » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:34 am

Has anyone heard about a company called Kabco Builders? Their website is www.kabcobuilders.com. One of the manufactured home dealers here where I live (NE Louisiana) is selling their homes. Thanks for any information that can be offered. We are looking to purchase a doublewide within the year and are really studying each builder (reputation and customer service), construction and everything else. We did purcahse the book "How To Buy A Manufactured Home" by Randy Eaton and I must say I have worn it out reading it over and over. This is a very hard and scary investment and reading all the posts on this website has been great. But I was just curious about Kabco Builders. Their website has some interesting information, but it is kind of vague. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!
Alicia

David Oxhandler

Re: Kabco Builders

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:49 am

Alicia -I have some great news for you and every single manufactured home shopper in the country.  We have the answer... at last! John Grissim has just finished the first ever consumer ratings guide to each and every manufactured home builder in the country.. . The Grissim Ratings Guide to Manufactured Homes  provides at-a-glance listings with key information home shoppers need to make an informed decision.  All 79 U.S. builders are fully evaluated. More than three hundred  brands and series described.  Each manufactured housing builder's listing includes the following: Name, address, contact information and whether publicly or privately held Web site Company background/history States where sold Principal market niche/target customer Retail price range before tax (price includes transportation & set-up) The brands they compete against Construction rating on a 1-to-10 scale (with 10 being the highest quality) Brands/series produced Description of a popular model What distinguishes brand from its competition Number of dealerships (company owned and independents) Percentage of HUD-code homes sold of total homes produced Availability of in-house financing and in-house insurance Warranty structure and length Web site rating, pros and cons, with comment Author’s comments...and more. Be an informed, empowered home buyer.  Get  The Grissim Ratings Guide to Manufactured Homes    If  you would like more details  CLICK HERE.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:33 pm

This is the new kid on the block in Northern Ala...From reading specs seems they have copied many features of their better known neighbor across the street, Palm Harbor Homes...Make a trip to Boaz to tour the plant...while there walk across thew street to PH and tour there as well...

Obviously they do not exactly understand the value of the internet and have an unfinished web site open for your inspection...Hope they pay more attention to their customers...

michael livesay

Post by michael livesay » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:40 am

yes I just bought one its flat ceilings finished drywall if the side door was on outher side i wouln bought th back porch model i just did.nt like the dealer still trying to get things fixed its up to the dealer to get kabco here