Single wide mobile home width and length

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Ashcaron

Single wide mobile home width and length

Post by Ashcaron » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:42 pm

I would like to know as to what the actual maximum width and length that is allowed for a single wide mobile home in the state of Minnesota, and if this is determined by the frame itself, the exterior walls or by the roof.

Thanks...

Mark

Re: Single wide mobile home width and length

Post by Mark » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:20 pm

I'm sure someone will reply with the correct answer, but it's limited by what the roadway will allow. I believe the maximum is going to be 16x80 (including the tounge). Special length and routing permits have to be obtained to move most mobile homes moved.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:35 am

Usually the highway laws resrtict size by the outermost projections...InGA they even measure the door knobs...Most liely the largest is 16x80 including hitch and overhangs...

trmimo

Post by trmimo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:11 am

Minnesota is somewhat unique in that tire gauge is also limited to 102", most states allow 120" tire gauge. This means the home is limited to 82 1/2" frame gauge or a frame that is wider than the tire gauge such as that offered by Wick and Schult.