Southwest-style Manufactured Homes

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Tina

Southwest-style Manufactured Homes

Post by Tina » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:43 pm

I've been searching online for 2 weeks, trying to find a company that makes a manufactured home with a southwest/santa fe style exterior. I can't find anything, but I KNOW that they exist. Any help that anyone could give me would be great!

lacey

Re: Southwest-style Manufactured Homes

Post by lacey » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:26 am

have you looked at karsten homes? if you're located in the southwest area, they have a series named "santa fe".

Tina

Post by Tina » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:31 pm

Hi-
Thanks for the post. I did check out the Karsten "Santa Fe" line. I got real excited when I saw the name "Santa Fe", and I thought for SURE I had found what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I'm not sure why they've called this line "Santa Fe", because there isn't anything southwestern looking about them. I was really disappointed. They look like any other line of manufactured home. The only unique one they had was one that was sort of log-cabinish, but that's really not the style I'm looking for.

So, my search continues. If anyone else has any other ideas, I would really appreciate the help. This home would be set on a vista in Arizona, on 40 acres of land.

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:31 pm

Cavco is probably who you want. They have a Santa Fe line with stucco exterior. See their website for pics and locations throughout Arizona.

Tina

Post by Tina » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:55 pm

Thanks so much! I'm going to check them out right now. In the meantime, I wanted to share some other information that I've discovered since my first post. For other people who might be looking for this style, check out http://schultpacesetterhomes.com. Notice there's no "www." before the address. They have a few different southwest style homes, but I couldn't find any interior photos. I think they call this their Adobe line. The exterior photos are pretty cool - with vigas (those log posts that stick out), and overall Santa Fe/Adobe "architecture." I was happy to find these. I'm going to check out the Cavco line now, and I'll see what I find.