Which is best constructed manufactured home?

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Sandra Poulas

Which is best constructed manufactured home?

Post by Sandra Poulas » Tue Sep 26, 2000 12:21 pm

My son lives in the Dayton, Ohio area and wants to purchase a manufactured home. Can anyone tell me where to find the construction ratings on different brands of manufactured homes? I'm sure some brands are better constructed than others and have a longer life span.

Randy Eaton

RE: Which is best constructed manufactured home?

Post by Randy Eaton » Sun Oct 01, 2000 10:49 am

Sandra,

I have written a book called, "How to buy a manufactured home and save thousands of dollars". There are a couple of chapters that deal with construction and what to look for in a quality built manufactured home. Palm Harbor has a plant in Ohio and is considered to be a quality home, you might want to check them out. To view my book go to Manufactured Housing Global Networks main page and click on,"How To Buy" Have a great day.

Randy Eaton

Darrel Hoover

Post by Darrel Hoover » Tue Oct 10, 2000 7:05 am

Sandra All Multi-Sectioned Manufactured Housing is built to HUD Standards.
The most important thing in my book is Value
go to http://mobile-home-transporting.com
Contact support there is a Consulting Service that may be able to help

missy A.

Post by missy A. » Sat Oct 21, 2000 9:30 am

I do not mean to add to, but you have what some call value, some call quality.
As a maufactured home owner and a customer service rep. for a manufactured dealer, Please do your homework. I live in Kentucky, very close to where u are. I have found that most manufactured home builders offer similar quality if not the same suppliers. I would find a reputable dealer, that has been in biz for a while. I would ask about service after the sale and the turn around time on service matters.I would compare spec's on homes that you are intrested in and ask for specification sheets. If you are going to buy it, you certianly need to know what you are buying. If you are not wanting to move in right away, I would have the home special ordered. opposed to taking a lot unit>>>

Darrel Hoover

Post by Darrel Hoover » Sat Oct 21, 2000 10:15 am

Missy I am in agreement with you. Do the homework RE: the dealer and mfg. service response. And yes many manufacturers use common suppliers and common grade of materials. However my point ( VALUE ) does not mean quality.
Value relates to getting the best product for the best price. I find many homes of lower quality to be a better Value than some higher quality homes. Example, bath tubs. while many have acrylic tubs in the less expensive homes a simple upgrade to a moulded fiberglass tub can create Value.
PS Missy send me a link to your website should you have one.

JB

Post by JB » Mon Dec 04, 2000 4:28 am

We are looking at Valley Quality Homes in Washington State out of Yakima/Moses Lake, Fleetwood-Washington, Fuqua(Bend,OR) ???, SilverCrest, and have not looked at Palm Harbor.
We are looking at the most quality for the buck. Where are the complaints coming in at on these company's and what is thought of by most as the choice home manufacturer??
We are in the Oregon/Washington market.

JB

Randy Eaton

RE: Best constructed manufactured home?

Post by Randy Eaton » Tue Dec 05, 2000 12:52 am

Hello JB,

I live in a Valley home and find them to be one of the best constructed. I also like Fuqua, my third choice would be a Palm Harbor. You can basically build each home to your specifications. It sounds like you’re on the right track. The Silvercrest's are over-priced in my opinion. I don't know of any complaints, all the homes your looking at are well built. I would focus on which retailer seems to be more interested in helping you, ask for referrals.

Randy Eaton