Wiring Diagram

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

John Reinig

Wiring Diagram

Post by John Reinig » Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:44 pm

I have a minor electrical problem in my 98 doublewide. I know the loose connection
has to be in the crosssover box, but I can't get anyone to tell me where to fnd it.
I have tried the manufacturer, but they seem to be interrested in new home buyers
only. The GFI outlets all work and it is not a circuit breaker. Basically its 3 lights and 5 outlets (not GFI) on 1/4 of the front half. I would really like to find a wiring diagram
for my haouse, but any general type help would be appreciated. I have a
1998 American Homestar, Holiday Home Special, model 772.
Thank You
John

Roy Bonney

Re: Wiring Diagram

Post by Roy Bonney » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:39 am

A crossover is made where the two sections of the home go together. The electrical cross over is just a junction box where the wires connect. It could be in the end wall, under the floor, or in a closet, with an access panal. An inspection will reveal its location. This may be your problem, but it can also be an individual circuit, ie, receptacles are wired one to another, if the "feed thru" on the last working receptacle is burnt, or otherwise disabled, that receptacle will still function, but will not allow those down the line to function.