Buying a new Mobile Home

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

adam baggett

Buying a new Mobile Home

Post by adam baggett » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:19 pm

I live in Georgia, I am looking to buy a mobile home from a local dealer. I don't have anything to put down for down payment, maybe $500. I want to buy the home and put it on some land I found around here. Can you do a loan where I can buy the Home and Land. Even if I don't currently own the land. I spoke with the finance guy at the lot, and he said my credit was OK, something like a 600 beacon, or something another. Do think there is a possibilty I could buy a home.
Thanks,Adam
Georgia

rmurray

Re: Buying a new Mobile Home

Post by rmurray » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:55 am

Absolutely and the finance guy should have known that...If he has not brought up good finance for you..move on...

email me at the address above....I am in GA and know all the lenders in the business...also have some good deals..

shelleysteve

Post by shelleysteve » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:24 pm

My husband and I are in the process of buying land in Citrus County Florida for a winter home. Once we do that then we would like to buy a mobile. Neither one of us have ever owned a mobile. We would like to have everything in place by the fall of 2003. We are also open to buying a previously owned mobile but have concerns about it being moved. Can they be moved safely without concern of damage?
Can anyone recommend a good quality built mobile for the Florida area mentioned? Can they be placed on a foundation and if so how is this done?
I have been doing some research and believe I have a good idea of what we want in the home(construction.) We are more concerned with quality then with the looks. Would greatly appreciate any advance anyone can offer.
Thank you

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:32 pm

Used homes can be moved with out problems if the moving crew is quality...

In Florida you have the largest available choice of any state in the union...High quality could be Jacobson Homes, Homes of Merit and Palm Harbor from Plant City..In addition to them you have probably 20 more manufacturers that are well represented in Florida..
Good Luck

lou

Post by lou » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:03 pm

do you know of lenders that lend to other parts of the country? eastern shore of va to be exact. i did post in the looking for loans but only one responded and it was for mobile home only. i want land/home package. i tried to email you but wouldnot work. could you please type out you addy so i can copy it and email you. thankyou!

JOSIE DYER

Re: HERE'S OUR MESS

Post by JOSIE DYER » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:36 pm

THESE SITE ARE GETTING A LOT OF ATTENTION.....

ASSEMBLY JOE DINI IN NEVADA, HAS BEEN OUR BEST FRIEND FOR MANY YEARS AND HE KNOWS WE ARE HONEST PEOPLE.

SAME FACTORY OUR HOME CAME FROM, WOODLAND, CALIF..

http://community.webtv.net/Vonlenn/ANOTHER
SILVERCREST CLASS ACTION AGAINST SILVERCREST

http://community.webtv.net/Vonlenn/CLASSACTIONON

SILVERCREST HOMES BOUGHT BY MORE FAMILES WITH DEFECTS

http://community.webtv.net/Vonlenn/ALLANSSTORY

WHAT WE WENT THROUGH AND DEPOSITIONS FROM THE SILVERCREST GUY WHO WORKED ON OUR HOME

http://community.webtv.net/Vonlenn/DEFECTS

THAT EVERYONE'S STORIES ON THERE DEFECTS AND OUR STORY

http://community.webtv.net/Vonlenn/SILVERCRESTHOME

"Like thousands of ordinary people, we bought a new home and only wished to settle down and enjoy it. Instead, we were forced to embark upon an expensive and stressful full time battle with a builder, and the equally unaccountable warranty company." (Silvercrest Manufacture Home) "Shoddy construction has become a nationwide epidemic. Homeowners quickly find out that fighting this battle is very time consuming, expensive, and frustrating. Countless complaints against homebuilders and home warranty companies are hidden in binding arbitration and confidentiality agreements that the public never sees, so the public cannot make an educated choice in choosing a builder. The cost of litigation, on a playing field that is nowhere near level, is prohibitive to almost all homeowners. The homebuilding industry lobbies behind our backs to reduce regulations that would protect consumers. Homeowners don't find out what is going on until it is too late, and they have spent a great deal of time, energy and money researching it, and fighting their case.

RICK AND JOSIE DYER

rmurray

Re: HERE'S OUR MESS

Post by rmurray » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:41 am

My address...
[email protected]

that should work...I get at least 20 junk mails a day at this address...even a useful one once in a while..

National companies that come to mind...
Wells Fargo Mortrgage
National City Bank Mortage ..they have a office specializing in manufactured homes in VA..
I am sure there are many others...Good Luck