electricity follow up

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

jimmy ainsworth

electricity follow up

Post by jimmy ainsworth » Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:31 pm

mr. murrah, you mentioned on your reply that if a gas house was here on the lot that the transformer may not be large enough. i just wanted to let you know before i put this home on this lot i had a 14x70 singlewide home,total electric, on this same lot.but any way, i talked to the electric company today and they are going to put in a new transformer on my service pole and line.i also talked to my dealers service dept today they are sending someone out to check after the power company gets through with the transfomer.my question is would the electric requirements for the old single wide home be any different from the new 28x80.as far as the transformer goes and should this problem be hard to detect.THANKS JIMMY

Bill Fry

Re: electricity follow up

Post by Bill Fry » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:08 pm

Your old home may have had 100 amp service and your new one probably has 200 amp.The feed from your pole should be sufficient to supply either *unless* you have a 100 amp breaker outside somewhere between the meter and your house.Since the power company seems to be willing to replace the transformer so quickly that probably is the problem.