permanent structure

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Donna H

permanent structure

Post by Donna H » Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:33 am

Can you tell me what is meant when a loan company says that an Engineer has to certify that a double wide mobil home is permanently affixed before they will make a loan on it. The mobil home is on concrete runners and what I call tied down an completely underpinned. And if I need an Engineer where do I go to find one and how much does it usually cost? The loan company seems to come up with a new thing daily.
Thank you,
Donna H.

Bill Fry

Re: permanent structure

Post by Bill Fry » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:21 pm

In my area it is simply inspected by the county building inspector.If he passes it then its a go.Contact your counties building
and permit dept.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:37 pm

If they are talking about an engineer...Sounds like they are talking about FHA finance....This does require a structural engineer to certify they are set to the requirements...They can be found in the phone book and cost about $ 350...

If you are not dealing with the FHA,,,I see no reason they need an engineer...More info from you might help..

Donna H

Post by Donna H » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:15 pm

Apparently they were looking at a FHA loan but when I asked them they stepped around it and just today said they would not loan and closed my file because there were always going to be problems. It sounds to me like they just do not know what they were doing in the first place and then crawfished out of the whole thing. I know am praying for Ed McMan to knock at my door right now and give me that $1million check. That seems like the only answer..
Donna H.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:25 am

Something just is not right here...Your other post says you would be happy with 70K..which means you can put down 35K plus closing costs...

Just what grant program will do this...I have never heard of such..If you can do this...it would be no problem to subdivide the property to a 5 acre and 15 acre parcels and use only the 5 acre tract for collateral and have the 15 acres free and clear...

I really want to know about these "grant" programs for a single mom making 35K...Sorry,,I am getting very skeptical....