Water leak - DIY vs Insurance?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

erupert66

Water leak - DIY vs Insurance?

Post by erupert66 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:12 pm

We bought an older ( 1996 ) single wide for my son and his girlfriend a few months ago. Apparently the bathroom sink was loose and it caused the connection at the faucet to start leaking. The prior owner ran the carpet into the bathroom and the water was mostly running down the plumbing lines so it took awhile to notice. I am in the process of ripping out the base cabinet ( sure would have been handy to have local shutoff valves 🙄 ) and in the process, we took a peek underneath and the vapor barrier is full of water and dripping out. I am planning on getting the subfloor dried out w fans and screwing in some new subfloor on top but unsure what to do about the water in the vapor barrier. Is this something I should call Insurance about? I know that I’ll eventually pay them back through jacked up premiums looking for advice on the vapor barrier to guide my decision on Ins.