whole house water filter

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

khludik

whole house water filter

Post by khludik » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:12 pm

I am thinking about installing a whole house water filter on my 2001 Tital doulbe wide home. I live in the northeast so I won't be able to get to the underneith in the winter to change filters. Can it be installed in the closet where the hot water heater is. I am on a well and have lots of sediment and hard water. I have water hose filters in my washing machine lines but they have to changed about every 2-3 loads of laundry. What are your thoughts.

David Oxhandler

Re: whole house water filter

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:40 am

Most manufactured homes have the incoming water connection under the water heater. It seems that some plumbing modifications could be designed to create a place for the filter to be installed within the home. Your question would best be answered by the manufacturer of the filter system.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Eddie J

Post by Eddie J » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 pm

We have an On-The-Frame modular in New Jersey. We have a well that has a lot of iron in it. We bought a whole house iron filter which back-flushes itself every 6 days. There is nothing to change in the filter & we've never replaced anything in it in almost 21 years. I believe they have this kind of filter for other types of sediment, also. We've had no problems with iron taste, smell or "rust" stains.

martinclukey

Post by martinclukey » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:36 am

Yes you are thinking great actually when we can install water filter in our home that time you can prepare for best water filter so that it will gives best service. Actually want to buy the best water filter that's why i am collecting the few information about the water filter. thanks a lot...

martinclukey

Post by martinclukey » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:05 am

Pelican whole house water filtration systems. This water filter system significantly reduces chlorine and sediment for better tasting water to your whole house!

bellashaye

Post by bellashaye » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:28 am

Why whole house? More cost effective to focus on one faucet in the kitchen that you use for drinking water (plus a tap to the ice maker if you want). That way you aren't filtering water headed back into the sewage system. Also consider filter replacement costs. Given your concerns I'm not sure you would be happy with a low cost replacement filter (if one is available).

We looked at filtration systems because our water tastes bad and decided to use bottled. I can usually pick up a 28 pack for $3-4 which lasts about 2 weeks given our usage. So $75-100 per year. We also found that the filter built into our refrigerator gave us improvement in taste.

jameshvey

Post by jameshvey » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:49 am

I am using iSpring WGB21B and very happy with it. Before installing this water purifier, our water smelled of chlorine and strange odors, after using it, there were no other flavors. Very easy to install, no residue or stains on the sink.