moisture in wall?

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
hank12

moisture in wall?

Post by hank12 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Hello, This is my first thread here. My wife and I are considering buying our first manufacture home. It's a 2001 double wide ( sorry we have yet to be told the make) We hired a home inspector who used a temperature sensor gun. He aimed it at various places on the walls and ceiling. One place he aimed it was a wall near the ridge of the roof, the image showed two purple streaks coming down inside the wall, (purple meaning cool, maybe damp?) He next probed the area at or near the top with a moisture meter.I didn't see get to see what the reading was,but he said it was good. I don't know how deep he put the probes in the drywall, to get an accurate reading. My question is, he said the moisture meter reading was "good", how does explain the two cool streaks inside the wall? Thanks in advance.
Attachments
wall scan jpeg.jpg
wall scan jpeg.jpg (66.77 KiB) Viewed 2277 times

f1auto

Re: moisture in wall?

Post by f1auto » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:52 am

Thankyou for sharing this I also wanted to know about this problem can anyone explain it please?
thanks in advance from my side as well :)