Indies Homes

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
heath

Re: Indies Homes

Post by heath » Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:39 pm

My wife and I visited a beautiful triple wide Indes home today at corner stone homes in Decatur Alabama . we absolutely fell in love with it . The quality and decor seemed excellent , and they will change things you want changed such as sheet rock throughout

Leonard Monroe

Post by Leonard Monroe » Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:49 pm

I'm just know trying to purchase a Indies Home , but some some of you got me want to back out the deal.

Tracilynhidalgo10

Post by Tracilynhidalgo10 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 am

I bought an Indies home in 2006. It was purchased from Atchafalaya Homes in Carencro Louisiana. I totally love my gorgeous 16X80 single wide. It is strong and well insulated. I unfortunately was scammed by the dealer at that time who used Clayton mortgage company called 21st Mortgage. They have financed this home to end up costing me $100,000 when it sold for $45,000 and I put $10,000 down. Then they try to tell everyone that Indies homes went out of business. Atchafalaya is now under Clayton homes. Clayton homes are made of cardboard. 21st Mortgage also forced me to buy the homeowner insurance that Clayton owns. Home First Agency. They refuse to cover the storm damages on my home. They get away with this because Clayton also owns the mortgage company! I wish I can buy directly from indies homes. I would trade this one in even though I live it dearly just to get out of the Clayton scam. If you can buy an indies home I will tell you it is a great home!!! Buy it. They are the best! My home came with a Holy Bible in the drawer from the manufacturer.

Tracilynhidalgo10

Post by Tracilynhidalgo10 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:11 am

I bought an Indies home in 2006. It was purchased from Atchafalaya Homes in Carencro Louisiana. I totally love my gorgeous 16X80 single wide. It is strong and well insulated. I unfortunately was scammed by the dealer at that time who used Clayton mortgage company called 21st Mortgage. They have financed this home to end up costing me $100,000 when it sold for $45,000 and I put $10,000 down. Then they try to tell everyone that Indies homes went out of business. Atchafalaya is now under Clayton homes. Clayton homes are made of cardboard. 21st Mortgage also forced me to buy the homeowner insurance that Clayton owns. Home First Agency. They refuse to cover the storm damages on my home. They get away with this because Clayton also owns the mortgage company! I wish I can buy directly from indies homes. I would trade this one in even though I live it dearly just to get out of the Clayton scam. If you can buy an indies home I will tell you it is a great home!!! Buy it. They are the best! My home came with a Holy Bible in the drawer from the manufacturer.