CHAMPION HOMES - IS YOUR HOME A CONSTRUCTION NIGHTMARE

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
naeme

CHAMPION HOMES - IS YOUR HOME A CONSTRUCTION NIGHTMARE

Post by naeme » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Did you buy a home manufactured by Champion? Do you know that your home may be a Champion - but you were told it is a
Redman
Highland
Dutch
Fortune
etc.

Champion Homes is the builder of all of these name brand homes. They use brand names to deceive it's customers. Bottomline is that it doesn't matter what they call it, it is a crap made Champion.

Is your house defective?
Do your walls bow?
Does your roof leak?
Are your applainces defective?
Is your Hot water heater a State Industries?
Is your furnace a Intertherm?
Do your floors creak?
Are your floors uneven?
Are your cabinets crooked?
Is your electrical faulty?
Are your windows crooked?

or any other issue with the workmanship/construction of your home.

Are you disatissfied with the quality of your home.

If you are struggling with on going construction issues with your home, please reach out to us. We are looking to gather as many victims are we can so that we can pursue a class action case against Champion Homes for construction defects and poor construction of thier homes
[email protected]

linda lou

Re: CHAMPION HOMES - IS YOUR HOME A CONSTRUCTION NIGHTMARE

Post by linda lou » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:31 pm

THANK YOU!!! You may have averted a disaster for me. I own a Fleetwood, not impressed and was looking at another, which is a Champion. Good luck!

naeme

Post by naeme » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:56 am

I am very happy to help. May I also add a few more tidbits.
Before you buy any home go online and read about the homes and the manufacturers. Also at your retailer make certain that they disclose everything to you about that home and who the actual manufacturer is and at what plant they construct the home.
Also be certain to know who the manufacturer is of the applainces, the water heater and furnace and and do the research. Our appliances were GE and were all defective and where repalced within 8 months. Our furnace is an Intertherm and has been repaired 3 times in 6 years, the hot water heater is a State Industries and was repaired 3 times in 8 months and an additonal time a couple years later. Please just check and re-check everything. It will save you heartache in the end. If your retailer won't answer questions or is applying pressure get out of there and go somewhere else.
And last but not least if you are financing be very very careful. I would suggest that you not finance through the retailer unless you know them to be completely reputable. Make sure that you sign only original documents and that they are not faxes. Make certain that they are providing your with all of the Truth in lending paperwork including your right to rescind the loan. If you are using your old home as a trade in make sure that you personally appear at your local Department of motor vehicles with the retailer to personally sign off on the original title. Also make sure that your new title work is perfect. Have an attorney review it if necessary.
When I bought my new home the retailer forged the paperwork to the new homes title and it is a huge mess and I don't have any legal ownership to my new home.
They also forged my signature on the old homes title and sold it to another woman and so she also has no legal ownership to her home. THE TITLE IS VITAL IT IS YOUR LIEN SECURITY AND PROOF OF OWNERSHIP.
Please if you have any questions you can also email me and my husband and we would be happy to help. We are living a nightmare not only on the construction of the house but because of predatory lending, mortgage fraud and forgery. Please read my other post on predatory lending.
Our email is [email protected]

DON'T GO TO THE RETAILER ALONE IF YOU ARE A WOMAN GO WITH A MAN A BIG TOUGH ONE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, WOMEN ARE TARGETS.

May I inquire as to were you live?
Do you live in a manufactured home park or is your home on private property?
Did you finance your previous home?
Where either of the financial institutions Centier Bank or Triad Financial Services?
Do you have a lien on your home or is it free and clear/ ie: is your title really a clear title? (blogs and rip-off reports suggest that thousands of manufactured homeowners do NOT have a clean or clear title.)

I am not trying to pry into your business, but we are looking to network with potential other victims of title fraud or other related issues.

ShawnaB

Post by ShawnaB » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:38 pm

I think it's funny you think women are easy targets. The people I work with aren't going to know what hit them then because they would much rather work with my husband vs me. Maybe I'm just a scary won't take any crap type of woman! :lol:

threerp

Post by threerp » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:04 pm

I worked as a service tech for Champion Homes back in the early 90s. I find it hard to believe that all your appliances were defective. And why would a water heater have to be replaced 3 times , normally the elements would be changed out and maybe the thermostat. It sounds more like the case where someone bought a manufactured home and expects it to be like a stick built home which probably costs about 4 times as much. I would encounter this several times throughout my service experience. And there is always the matter of how well the homes was being taken care of !!

vamphyri

Post by vamphyri » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Okay, since you like the company so much, how many of their mobile homes have you purchased? My kitchen linoleum was a mess! It had small nails and trash under it that soon wore holes through it. The carpet is baggy, my ceiling had a crack from one side to the other in the living room and the master bedroom when delivered. The service man came out and caulked the crack and sprayed it over with a can of spray that made it much thicker along that line and made it even more noticeable! Now I have found out that it has 16 gauge wiring in it!!! The living room and kitchen wiring have shorted out and kicked the breaker is how I found out about it. My home is 21 years old and looks better than it did when we bought it due to having ceramic tile put down on the floors of the bathrooms and kitchen. So don't try to tell me that we have not taken care of it. The roof gets Cool Sealed every time it needs it whether it is every 3 years or 5 years. I have a kitchen and 2 full baths. Their is a safety receptacle in my master bath and one in the kitchen, why not the other bath? If the one in my bathroom trips (for no reason at all), some of my kitchen receptacles will not work, lol. If the one in my kitchen trips, then the light and receptacle in my hallway full bath do not work. What??? Two of my ceilings had "shadows" on them. I was told when they delivered it that the paint had not dried fully but when it did they would not be there anymore. I had to paint them myself before the "shadows" were gone. Talk to me about 16 gauge wiring in a mobile home....