replacing ac/heat Intertherm unit

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Skyesunny3

replacing ac/heat Intertherm unit

Post by Skyesunny3 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am

We have a 1975 Redmond Bonanza 12x63 single wide trailer that the Intertherm unit is done. The conderser outside is history too. The trailer is 756 sq. ft. with an added 12x12 sunroom in the middle, off the kitchen totally 900 sq. ft. The old unit never kept the sunroom cool. WHAT TYPE is recommended to replace this unit and what size should we look for? Have you ever used the Ductless System? What do you RECOMMEND? Please and thanking you in advance.
L. Fuller
Beaufort, NC

Mommaof5

Re: replacing ac/heat Intertherm unit

Post by Mommaof5 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:19 pm

I honestly have never had experience with the ductless units, but I may have a word of advice. Call dealers in your area and ask who they recommend. Even if they aren't your home's dealer, they are usually more than willing to give you names of people who are dependable. Several companies get a little prickly when they find out it is a mobile home, but if you get names from a dealer, chances are they won't even bat an eye and will be able to give you competitive advice and pricing. Get a list of names from more than one dealer though and as much info as they are willing to give you when you talk to them. Then you can call around and get estimates.

My husband and I recently had to replace the furnace and the pump unit outside our home as well as all the duct work. Thankfully, I have a son who recently graduated and was in the HVAC program at our vocational school. I quit about 3 days in and was gladly replaced and was happy to pay him. If you try to tackle it yourself, remember that you have limitations on your warranty and if there is an issue it will be more difficult to get them to honor that warranty on the units alone. Unless you have a background in HVAC I would highly recommend just paying that extra money and have it done by a professional.

Ladypisces3

Re: replacing ac/heat Intertherm unit

Post by Ladypisces3 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:53 pm

I have 2004 River Birch Mobile Home and I want to known what kind of central unit to used because my went completely out.