Mobile Home - Need Vin Number

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

ethep3333

Mobile Home - Need Vin Number

Post by ethep3333 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:23 pm

I bought a foreclosed home in Georgia in 2013 and am looking into selling it. I have always assumed it was a modular home built on site, but it has steel chassis underneath it and the realtor is telling me I need the Mobile Home Title and a VIN number—I do not have a Mobile Home Title and I cannot find a Vin number anywhere on the structure. (The realtor says no buyer will be able to get a loan from a lender without the Title and the Vin Number).

It is treated as a site built home for tax purposes in Lumpkin County, is on a permanent cinderblock foundation, and to my knowledge, was never registered as a “mobile" home with the county. I bought it for cash and have a Warranty Deed dated April 1, 2013 for the property which has the language “ together with all improvements situated thereon” and the “Parcel” description attached as "Exhibit A” and recorded in Lumpkin County also states “together with all improvements located thereon”. (I have title insurance which I purchased at closing). The house has been foreclosed by lenders twice.

There is a "Compliance Certificate” in the house which is near the power panel and it lists the manufacturing plant for the manufactured home as “Wick Building Systems, Inc. Winder, Ga, 30680". The date of manufacture was 4/14/1980 and the manufacture’s serial number is 7 digits: xxx-xxxx and it has a Model Unit Designation. I called Wick Building Systems today, they went bankrupt 6 years ago and reorganized, all their records related to their “Manufactured Building" division have been shredded.

Is the serial number the same as a VIN number in Georgia? If not, can I use the serial number to somehow get the Vin number? Is there any way to discover if the mobile home title was ever “retired" and the property converted to “real property” without the VIN number?

Any suggestions/advice welcome. Thanks much in advance!!

Francis Hills

Re: Mobile Home - Need Vin Number

Post by Francis Hills » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:36 pm

ethep3333 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:23 pm I bought a foreclosed home in Georgia in 2013 and am looking into selling it. I have always assumed it was a modular home built on site, but it has steel chassis underneath it and the realtor is telling me I need the Mobile Home Title and a VIN number—I do not have a Mobile Home Title and I cannot find a Vin number anywhere on the structure. (The realtor says no buyer will be able to get a loan from a lender without the Title and the Vin Number).

It is treated as a site built home for tax purposes in Lumpkin County, is on a permanent cinderblock foundation, and to my knowledge, was never registered as a “mobile" home with the county. I bought it for cash and have a Warranty Deed dated April 1, 2013 for the property which has the language “ together with all improvements situated thereon” and the “Parcel” description attached as "Exhibit A” and recorded in Lumpkin County also states “together with all improvements located thereon”. (I have title insurance which I purchased at closing). The house has been foreclosed by lenders twice.

There is a "Compliance Certificate” in the house which is near the power panel and it lists the manufacturing plant for the manufactured home as “Wick Building Systems, Inc. Winder, Ga, 30680". The date of manufacture was 4/14/1980 and the manufacture’s serial number is 7 digits: xxx-xxxx and it has a Model Unit Designation. I called Wick Building Systems today, they went bankrupt 6 years ago and reorganized, all their records related to their “Manufactured Building" division have been shredded.

Is the serial number the same as a VIN number in Georgia? If not, can I use the serial number to somehow get the Vin number? Is there any way to discover if the mobile home title was ever “retired" and the property converted to “real property” without the VIN number?

Any suggestions/advice welcome. Thanks much in advance!!
I need to know manufacturer of my mobile and where madecuzwant to claim siding damages.
MS SERIAL # 11820924AB X# 2307
AND is this mobile siding under claims that's on this home
Thanks
Francis Hills
5035600591 text me
[email protected]