243 hits - no Inquiries

No Commission but lots of help. For Business Selling Manufactured Homes and For Sale By Owner's. Assistance in designing and posting on-line listings that sell homes.
roxette123

243 hits - no Inquiries

Post by roxette123 » Wed May 02, 2007 8:32 pm

I signed up for this service some time ago now and have had 243 hits but not one person has contacted me regarding my property - I feel that I have listed it at a decent price and would have thought that I would have had at least 1 inquiry. Is anyone else in the same boat as me and if anyone has any suggestions then I would love to hear them.

admin

Re: 243 hits - no Inquiries

Post by admin » Thu May 03, 2007 4:48 pm

Hello Roxxette

You have gotten a small number of views compared to some of our listings. Our company has a listing you can see HERE and has been viewed 1371 times and I'm still waiting for a buyer.

I have been selling manufactured homes for almost 30 years. I have had homes that sold the first day we put a sign on them. Others that I thought would sell fast that took 18 months to find the right buyer for. Buying a home is a very personal experience. You have to find exactly the right person that sees or that you can help to see the same dream possibilities that you envisioned when you purchased it.

While I am not familiar with your part of Florida I can tell you this. We are going through a housing sales slump now across the country. The rising cost of building materials, interest rates, and a huge surplus of unsold new homes on the market is depressing sales and prices everyplace.

In addition your home is on leased land which can make it a bit more difficult to sell sometimes. Your buyer not only needs to fall in love with your home but with the community's location and features where your home is located.

I am near Ocala Florida and pre-owned homes in golf course communities with tennis courts, social activities, busses to the mall and two swimming pools are selling for a bit less than what you are asking. Again I dont knnow your area, so this may not indicate that your price is too high. You might want to ask around and see what the last few homes, close in size and age to yours, in the park, sold for.

Sales are slower in most parts of Florida between Easter and Xmas. Not too many folks vist or think about moving to Florida in the warm parts of the year.

Don't be discouraged. The current sales slump is starting to show some signs of getting better and as soon as it gets cold up north again we will have many more buyers in our southern markets.

If you feel like you just cant wait you might want to consider placing the home on consignment with the park manager or a local manufactured housing retailer. Often it takes a pro that has no personal attachment to get the job done faster.

You are welcome to send me e-mail [email protected] and I will be happy to answer any questions or give you any tips that might help your situation.
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]