looking for loan for an old mobile home

No Commission but lots of help. For Business Selling Manufactured Homes and For Sale By Owner's. Assistance in designing and posting on-line listings that sell homes.
hjason7812

looking for loan for an old mobile home

Post by hjason7812 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:05 am

hello i am trying to get a loan for my mobile home but noone will help as soon as they find out the age of the home it is a 1972 and is appraised for $130,000. i have lived here for 22 years in fl.
and the only problem i am haveing is with the roof it is leaking in a lot of places.
and i want to put a roof over on it.
but i need a loan to do it. does anyone know where i can get a low intrest loan for my 1972 mobile home at?
i would be greatfull thank you

admin

Re: looking for loan for an old mobile home

Post by admin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:20 am

Your home was built prior to the Federal manufactured home HUD constructions standards. It is very difficult to find national or even regional lenders that will lend on the pre-HUD homes. As there was not standard for construction they dont now exactly what they are lending against. The "blue book" value of homes the age of your is generally very low. That yours has a high appraisal is most likely due to good maintenance and location. A home older than yours, that was located on a rented lot, sold for over a million dollars last year. It was located on a site that faced the ocean in South Florida. So I have no doubt as to your appraised value. The best source for you is going to be a local bank or savings and loan, where they are familiar with your location and the value that it adds to the home.
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

J Griess

Post by J Griess » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:05 pm

If you have any friends with IRA's especially a RothIRA, they can make a loan through an IRA Administrator/custodian (like IRA Services). The interest they earn is tax free. Great book "Leverage Your IRA"

ameliajhon59

Post by ameliajhon59 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:27 am

hjason7812 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:05 am hello i am trying to get a loan for my mobile home but noone will help as soon as they find out the age of the home it is a 1972 and is appraised for $130,000. i have lived here for 22 years in fl.
and the only problem i am haveing is with the roof it is leaking in a lot of places.
and i want to put a roof over on it.
but i need a loan to do it. does anyone know where i can get a low intrest loan for my 1972 mobile home at?
i would be greatfull thank you
I am not sure about it that any company give loan on an old house. There are a lot of companies in every country that are providing these types of services such as mortgage accelerator program, home loan etc. Just search it on google and contact any company who has positive reviews. They can guide you better...