moving a mobile home

No Commission but lots of help. For Business Selling Manufactured Homes and For Sale By Owner's. Assistance in designing and posting on-line listings that sell homes.
tawn

moving a mobile home

Post by tawn » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:24 pm

I would like to purchase a home in Tx. It has to be moved to an existing lot. I don't know how to find someone to move it and all the details involved. I found some homes on this site and am so excited, I have 60 days before the move and need to do something quickly. If you could hook me up with someone with this information, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank

contentada

Re: moving a mobile home

Post by contentada » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:18 pm

we had ours moved (this was awhile back) some 15-20 miles onto a lot. you look in the yellow pages under "mobile home movers", then you negotiate the cost. I think it cost us around $300 for this distance. Included placement and set up.

Good luck.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:04 pm

contentada -

You don't say where you are but in most parts of the country the price of relocating a home has gone up considerably. A national standard for MH installation was adopted a few years back and the new standard has brought the cost of setting up a single wide her in Florida from $500 to about $3500 !!!
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

bruiseviolet

Post by bruiseviolet » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:22 pm

I know this is an older thread, but i will agree with the above poster. We looked into moving a mobile home in Michigan- about 20 miles- and we were quoted rates in the range of $5000 - $8500 JUST to move it and set up. Anchoring wasn't even included in that price- so it really has gone up. (The quotes were for moving a double wide from one park to another).

GreerHill

Post by GreerHill » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:32 pm

It is still in development but if you are interested in moving check out movemymobile.com

We connect you with mobile home parks that are willing to cover the cost of your move in exchange for moving into their community. We should have it up and running in the next few weeks.