Width of pic to wide

No Commission but lots of help. For Business Selling Manufactured Homes and For Sale By Owner's. Assistance in designing and posting on-line listings that sell homes.
Gale

Width of pic to wide

Post by Gale » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:00 pm

I tried to upload my home photo, but it keeps saying it is to wide. I need some help!

Peter

Re: Width of pic to wide

Post by Peter » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:33 am

Three options come to mind off the top.

If you took the picture with a digital camera it might be simplest to check the settings on the camera and adjust to a smaller image dimension and a higher compression (to reduce file size).

If your scanning photos you might be able to adjust both the image size (width x height) and the file size (compression usually represented in percentage) that the scanner delivers.

The third is to use an image editor such as Irfan Veiw ( http://irfanview.com/) which is free and will take care of a most image editing needs. To reduce the width, open the image file. Look for the "RESIZE"command found on the "IMAGE" menu. Here you will find that you can change the image size by entering a new width, 800 is a good size, and checking the "Preserve Aspect Ratio". You can adjust file size in KB under options with the "save as" command.

Most image editors use similar terms so you can take a look at whatever program you might have.

We are always willing to help. Paid listers may email their photos as attachments directly to me, [email protected], and I will get them online for you. Please don't forget to tell me which listing get the pictures .

Thanks,
Peter