photo re-sizing

No Commission but lots of help. For Business Selling Manufactured Homes and For Sale By Owner's. Assistance in designing and posting on-line listings that sell homes.
Carol James

photo re-sizing

Post by Carol James » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:59 pm

Can anyone help us out? We have just placed an ad with your service, however, we do not know how to make our phots fit into acceptable width. We are anxious to sell our mobile home and we know that photos make the difference!

Peter

Re: photo re-sizing

Post by Peter » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:50 am

Hello,

Three options come to mind off the top.

If you took the picture with a digital camera it might be simplest to check the settings on the camera and adjust to a smaller image dimension and a higher compression (if necessary to reduce file size).

If your scanning photos you might be able to adjust both the image size (width x height) and the file size (compression usually represented in percentage) that the scanner delivers.

The third is to use an image editor such as Irfan Veiw ( http://irfanview.com/) which is free and will take care of a most image editing needs. To reduce the width, open the image file. Look for the "RESIZE"command found on the "IMAGE" menu. Here you will find that you can change the image size by entering a new width, 800 is a good size, and checking the "Preserve Aspect Ratio". You can adjust file size in KB under options with the "save as" command.

Most image editors use similar terms so you can take a look at whatever program you might have.

We are always willing to help. Paid listers may email their photos as attachments directly to me, [email protected], and I will get them online for you. Please don't forget to tell me which listing get the pictures .

Thanks,
Peter

Vilma Sennett

Post by Vilma Sennett » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:40 pm

Our photos are not accepted by your program. I get a message that says photo is too wide. How can I correct this for future listings? We use a digital camera. Awaiting for your quick reply.

Peter

Post by Peter » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:08 pm

Hello Vilma,

The previous posting answers your question, Re: photo re-sizing . Check your camera manual to find instructions for how to adjust picture size. There is also a software solution availble if it is impossible to set your camera.

Thanks,
Peter