Nothing behind the bathtub.

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
csmark

Nothing behind the bathtub.

Post by csmark » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 am

Greetings! This is my first post! I've already found lots of things to fix since moving in ~5 years ago.

One of our projects was to replace most all of the faucets and the porcelain sinks. A drill & a jig saw gave us access to replace the faucet in the tub. I wasn't going to mess w/ the show head.

A web cam and a mag-light confirmed what I didn't see. There is absolutely no insulation between the exterior wall and the fiberglass.

I'd like to address this before winter really sets in so I'm looking for help.

There's limited access between the tub and the wall. I'm not familiar with the spray on urethane to know if they can "reach back there."

How disastrous would it be to dislodge the tub? The drain is in the middle. Even though I've done my fair share of plumbing I've never worked on removing and replacing the drain.

Thank you in advance!

C. S. Mark

David Oxhandler

Re: Nothing behind the bathtub.

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:13 pm

See This video that demonstrates how insulation is blown into the sidewall of a manufactured home done by the U.S. Department of Energy's Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
David Oxhandler
[email protected]