Range Hood

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
ruthlane

Range Hood

Post by ruthlane » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:52 pm

I am replacing a stove top with a down draft venting system, similaar to Jenn-Air. I want to install range and put a hood over it. Is this possible? Can the ceiling/roof support? Stove top is in an island and I need to know if I can install a free hanging range from ceiling. Thanks for any help!

David Oxhandler

Re: Range Hood

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:36 pm

There is no doubt that you can not hang a Jenn-Air. type range (stove) from the ceiling. Most Jenn-Air stoves require venting thru the floor. There is no reason that anY down draft range could not be able to be installed in your MH.

I have a Jenn-Air type range and we drilled a hole in the floor to permit the down draft
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

ruthlane

Post by ruthlane » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:22 am

OK, my communication skills were not so good last night.

I currently have a down draft stove top in an island and my oven is a wall oven. I want to rebuild island with a slide in gas range, and gain an extra oven.

So if I understand you, I can install a hanging range hood from the ceiling without a problem. Also, I forgot to mention that it is a catherdal ceiling. I plan to remove the downdraft vent if I can hang new hood from ceiling.

I have a large family and like to cook on gas plus the extra larger oven will be great for holidays. I don't want to be led astray by a contractor, so I really appreciate your help!

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:03 pm

I have seen several manufactured homes with range hoods suspended from cathedral ceilings. You will be adding a new hole in your roof...... so be sure to use an experienced, reliable contractor who is licensed and insured.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]