Building additional rooms on to mobile.

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
bikeboatski

Building additional rooms on to mobile.

Post by bikeboatski » Sun May 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi all. I am 66 and have just retired and am still healthy-like to work with my hands. My plan is to buy some land in a rural area and put a small manufactured home on it. Because of budget constraints, the home would just be a core structure, ie. kitchen/bathroom unit that I could then add additional rooms to over time. I have good woodworking skills but minimal plumbing/electrical. Is this a feasible idea? Any leads on manufacturers who sell the small units that I've described?
Thanks

David Oxhandler

Re: Building additional rooms on to mobile.

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun May 19, 2013 4:00 pm

You can eliminate much of the middle man overhead by purchasing from a dealer that will deliver a home directly from the factory to your site. Take a look at www.mobilehome.com/homefinder.php for a Factory Direct Dealer in your area.

Download The Manual for Manufactured Home Repair & Upgrade. This book answers almost every question on manufactured home renovation. Not only does this book show you how to repair and maintain your home, but also great methods for upgrading it.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]