Trailer main line to sewer drain is not leveled..

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
NationsCollapse

Trailer main line to sewer drain is not leveled..

Post by NationsCollapse » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:04 pm

I have a trailer home which the toilet drain, the tub drain and any drain that drains the water out of the house is flooding. I went underneath the trailer and found out that the person who we hired to install our water heater did not do a good job sealing our pressure pipe that drains the pressure from the water heater onto the little sewer drain underneath our mobile home. The water drained by one of our support concrete blocks, one of our concrete blocks are fully sunk into the ground. Its very cold here in North Dakota so the water that is around is frozen already. Anyways on topic, when I was looking undernath the trailer I discovered that my main sewer line thats to my house does not have a pitch to it at all. Its nearly neutral with the sewer drain. My brother in-law thinks its just a frozen pipe. But if the sewer pipe is froze that means the pitch is not there because if the pitch was there; no water would be available to be frozen. This trailer was built in 1972 so its very very cold. The axles on the trailer are completely broken; the leafs on it are ripped off. I purchased a 18,000 Pound mobile home jack for it and went underneath to jack it up. I got it jacked up nearly a inch or so from where it was at when I looked underneath. This is the jack I currently am using to jack up some of the trailer. Would you recommend me jacking it up or what should I do? http://www.menards.com/main/doors-windo ... -12590.htm

David Oxhandler

Re: Trailer main line to sewer drain is not leveled..

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Jacking up a mobile home can be a very dangerous operation if you dont have significant experience. Most pros use multiple jacks under and home to lift the entire home simultaneously. If the lift is not done just right you may get seriously injured or could do irreparable damage to the frame.

If the sewer system was operating previously there is a good chance that by attempting to lift the home locally (in one spot) you have shifted the pitch of the pipes as well as causing other problems.

Read Is your manufactured home unlevel? in our article archive.

Consider buying the Releveling Kit this instruction kit will show you step-by-step how to do the leveling process The Kit includes complete step-by-step instructions and a waterline level.

If your not inclined to do the releveling yourself, then use these instructions and the enclosed waterline level to determine whether or not your home is out of level. Or you can simply use this information to become a better-informed consumer and give yourself the upper hand when it comes to hiring a contractor to do the job.

If you need the job handled right now... contact a local licensed MH installer or a local licensed plumber.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]